The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M240 Firmware Update

rich_

I fear it may be something as boring as adding the profile for the 28 lux :/

I guess we'll find out in the next day or two! unless you dare load up the German fw link!

I fear it may be something as boring as adding the profile for the 28 lux :/

I guess we'll find out in the next day or two! unless you dare load up the German fw link!
The profile for the Summilux 28 is already available in the current FW.

bifi25

New Firmware is out...2.0.2.5

New Menu item “Flash exposure compensation” to adjust flash exposure with the Leica SF 26 flash unit (only active when SF 26 is attached). This new function requires Firmware 1.1 on the SF 26 Flash

Several firmware bugs that caused occasional camera hang up when using Live View or Video function have been fixed.

One Thing also changed.

The scrolling lag zooming in the pictures is now fixed.

Last edited:

rob

I believe there are some new "hidden" lens profiles added to this update. How do I know? I recently purchased a Summarit-M 75/2.4 from B&H, and tried it on my M 240. The previous firmware would not recognize the lens (a la 6-bit coding). That frustration led me to discovering the new firmware update.

After the update, the camera recognized the lens! Excellent! But strangely, the Summarit lenses are not listed anywhere in the lens profiles when you select 'MANUAL' and scroll through the settings. I find that kind of odd. With the camera lens detection set to 'AUTO', the camera recognized the lens perfectly. Strange!

Godfrey

I hadn't noticed, but then my use policy is that when I'm using any coded lens, I move the user config to the one I've defined for Automatic recognition. My goal, ultimately, is to have all coded lenses so that I can re-organize my user settings to manage imaging setups rather than manual lens coding. DAG is going to do the coding on my Summilux 35 v2 for me next.

I would not be surprised to find a few other minor tweaks—the M-P feels a bit more responsive and the B&W JPEGs seem even better since I upgraded.

G

Bernard

But strangely, the Summarit lenses are not listed anywhere in the lens profiles when you select 'MANUAL' and scroll through the settings. I find that kind of odd. With the camera lens detection set to 'AUTO', the camera recognized the lens perfectly. Strange!

I thought that lenses that never came un-coded weren't on the list. You would never need to select them manually. The 18 is one such lens. It came out with the M8, so all versions are coded.

MCTuomey

OT, have i told y'all lately how much i like exporting/importing my settings whenever i do an FW update? one of those small things that makes life with leica easier ;)

Godfrey

OT, have i told y'all lately how much i like exporting/importing my settings whenever i do an FW update? one of those small things that makes life with leica easier ;)
Indeed! I cannot figure out why ALL digital cameras don't provide a way to export and import camera settings. Only the Leica M-P and Ricoh GXR have this capability out of all the cameras I've owned.

One step beyond just exporting and importing would be the ability to export multiple setting configurations and name them. That would be very handy.

G