The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica rumours

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
Nope, not a thing,
Most of my emails these days are offers to sell stuff like worn blue jeans and second-hand food or seeking political contributions for some splinter survivalist group in Montana.
What is in the Sony package?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple A900's to those that don't have a 35mm system but do have a MF system. i qualified immediately. LOL

jonoslack

Hi Mark
Thanks for that.
But . . . it's nearly as expensive as the WATE, and at 310 grams, it isn't much smaller either (WATE is 335), added to which, the WATE is absolutely at it's best at 18mm.

Couple A900's to those that don't have a 35mm system but do have a MF system. i qualified immediately. LOL
Guy
I must qualify for the hassleblad Stimulus package (not having an MF system)

In fact . . . . I WIN

only trouble is that I live in the wrong country :(

cam

all of these stimulus packages are going right over my head.... i'd say i'm feeling like a dumb blonde, but my hair is red. ah, well, there's always peroxide!

anyways, the only thing i want to know is if i qualify for free red Leica M8.2?

do i? do i?

ElvisKennedy

Just wanting to dispel the rumor before it gets out of control...
It is absolutely not true that part of the economic stimulus package (the not very economical and not very stimulating one) in front of the US Congress this week is funding for each of their members to buy a nice Leica M8 kit (the Pork barrel edition)
I wouldn't be surprised, but I can assure you that this rumor is completely false.
Bob:

The controlling democrats won't even let the public look at the "stimulus" package so don't be too sure about the falsity of your rumor. And if true, could very well be the only thing in the whole $800 billion dollars that would make sense.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cam we will slip it in there when the republicans aren't looking.:thumbs:

jonoslack

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cam we will slip it in there when the republicans aren't looking.:thumbs:
What . . . slipping in a red one?

Deary me Guy, things are deteriorating around here.

Actually Cam, you qualify for two, a red one, and a nice green one too.

:)

R

Ranger 9

huge thread elsewhere that you may or may not have read, and now this:

LEICA WILL BE ANNOUNCING SOME NEW PRODUCTS ON THE 20th FEB
SO WATCH THIS SPACE!

any speculations here?
I predict a special collectors' M8-OFF (pronounced "Madoff," as in Bernie Madoff) edition. You pay ten million dollars and don't actually get a camera in return, but everyone is impressed with how rich and well-connected you are.

(Apologies for the frivolity to anyone who actually lost money with Mr. Madoff. I know we've got a number of forum participants who are seriously rich and might actually have been victims of his scheme.)

woodyspedden

:cry: I guess my MP disqualifies me.
My M7 disqualifies me as well. Do wish I had the MP but the trade deal I got for my older Hassy 203FE which I did not use any longer for the black paint M7 with the MP finder was too good to turn down. Hopefully someday I will find a used MP which is at an affordable price and get a decent price for my M7 so I can finally own the film M of choice.

Woody

cam

Actually Cam, you qualify for two, a red one, and a nice green one too.
:D :D

i hope they make that british racing green or am i being too greedy?

or am i being a complete ditz again and you're alluding to something salacious that went right over my head?

ecliffordsmith

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for posting the image.

Hi All,

For sometime I have been deliberating about a 24mm EFOV lens for my M8 and was, to be honest a little surprised when it was not one of the ones announced last autumn. I took the fact that a 21 and 24 were announced as an indicator that a full frame sensor was going to be a reality due to the fact that the focal lenghts, both with, and without crop have a broad appeal. I think Jono has a made a good point regarding size and price versus the WATE too. For me though, I would happily invest in a lens but not until I know what the roadmap truly is.

In the meantime I am still very, very happy!

cam

but look at the price of the Zeiss 18mm vs. this lens? to me, i think, the look would have to be astounding to warrant the price difference. and then there is the WATE, as Jono mentions, which just makes this all the more confounding....

i think i'd like to go back to being ditzy and get my red M8.2 :)

kdemas

I do look forward to seeing how the Leica 18 stacks up against the 18mm Distagon ZM. Should be quite a performer I imagine, though the ZM is awfully nice for the $$$.

As for the stimulus, I might like the D3X refund along with the SP 2005 tax credit ;-)

Kent