The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S 007 pushed back to end of October

ndwgolf

Just received an email from Leica Mayfair saying the new 007 has been pushed back to the end of October....................... This is really going to test my patience :( :(

ndwgolf

You might not like what he says in your wide angle thread under MF subject.
Aye that's the comment that got into my bloody head..................Wish he would bugger off over onto that Leica forum and leave us all alone.........but then if he did then it would be boring :) :).
I am still going to talk with my Mate in KL when I get home next week, but now Leica Mayfair are away to make me an offer for the S-007 and my M gear so everything is still up in the air....exciting stuff:)

algrove

Well, now you have time to pick up a 645Z plus favorite FL lens in Japan and even trade it off if you don't like it by the time the new S is avialable for shipping. I know the Pentax does not have the "---" appeal of the Leica, but it sure is good. Have you looked over at the PentaxForum? There's a guy you might know over there. If your KL mate does not sell Pentax then head off to find one elsewhere. Ask Ming Thein his opinion.

ndwgolf

Well, now you have time to pick up a 645Z plus favorite FL lens in Japan and even trade it off if you don't like it by the time the new S is avialable for shipping. I know the Pentax does not have the "---" appeal of the Leica, but it sure is good. Have you looked over at the PentaxForum? There's a guy you might know over there. If your KL mate does not sell Pentax then head off to find one elsewhere. Ask Ming Thein his opinion.
When I first arrived on the rig 3 weeks ago I was chatting with my mate that works and lives in KL and he got rid of all his Canon gear for the 645z and loves it. He also is friendly with a professional photographer in KL that is sponsored by Pentax and can get me a 645z at cost price but when he mentioned about the lack of leaf shutter it put me off.

algrove

Older LS Pentax lenses exist and some even use Hasselblad LS lenses too. On MF with Hasselblad I get an in focus beep and all is good, but I much prefer the method I dscribed in one of my posts to you today.

View attachment 93076