The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pink skies with WATE

otumay

Hi!
Just received my long-awaited UV filter for correction of the color anomaly with the 16-18-21 Tri-Elmar. I'm not sure whether this is a hundred percent solution to the problem, so I'll let you decide. The first three were shot with the filter attached and the last one obviously is a pre-filter one.
Remarks most welcome.
Best,
Osman

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
In that last one, was the camera set for lens-detect (with no IR filter)?
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
On the WATE after a lot of testing in my M8 days the bottom line is you want the Leica IR filter for sure. The firmware is really tuned to it and with the extreme wide angle from say 24 down you want the Leica ones because of the cyan drift gets completely cut out. You can use the B&W ones with 28mm and up and things will be alright but the real wide angles go with the Leica and frankly I went all leica IR filters in the end. Make sure you have the 6 bit code and in the menu item have ON/IR on I think is how it reads.

otumay

Thanks Bob and Guy,

Bob, frankly I do not remember. You're probably hinting that I might have chosen the detection on with filter option in the menu, although there was no filter installed. That may be the case:eek:

Guy, fortunately my only lens with 6-bit coding is the WATE, so I'll stick to the IR filter for the time being, and be on the lookout for further firmware fixes. You are right about this problem being in 24mm and up.

Kind regards,

Osman