The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thumbs Up EP-SQ for the Leica Q: A preview

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, I have had the pleasure of getting to know Tim Isaac from Match Technical over the years, and this week-end, he gave me a chance to test out a production proof of the Thumbs Up EP-SQ grip for the Leica Q. I can honestly say that this is a great ergonomic addition to the already fantastic camera, adding that little extra bit of purchase that makes MatchTechnical's Thumbs Up grips so popular. The added benefit of this Thumbs Up is that its design limits inadvertently bumping the Diopter adjustment dial, which often does go out of whack without protection. Once again, you lose the hotshoe, but with the Q's ISO capacities, a flash is rarely needed. Another successful design.

As an owner of the Thumbs Up Grips for the Leica M8, M9, M240, M246, X1, and Fuji XPro-1, I can confidently say that that Thumbs Up EP-SQ does much of the same for the Leica Q as it does for those cameras....it adds a nice secure grip if one feels that they require more than the camera's own offering.

Here are a few pictures:

D&A

For myself personally, Tim's Thumb Up has been an invaluable asset. I've used them since they were first introduced and they added that extra bit of stability that I found lacking in bodies that didn't have a film advance lever. This one for the Q looks equally nice and no doubt effective for all the reasons Ashwin mentioned.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

I like Nylon (plastic) versions for thumbs up. They can be found online for very little. Can be trimmed to size and do not damage anything (being soft).

m_driscoll

I need one of these. I'm always whacking the diopter out of adjustment! If Tim needs another Beta tester, I'm just down the street. :cool: