The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

noctilux

Satrycon

hi

has anyone heard about a new 35mm M noctilux in f0.95 and f0.70 coming soon ?

Last edited:

D&A

Haven't heard a thing but just in case its true, I better put in my pre order for one of each asap.and then immediately after doing so, file for bankruptcy. LOL.

Dave (D&A)

Knorp

For an f/0.70 they'd better come up with a new name: Noctilux won't do.
Any suggestions anyone ?

:watch:

Gosh, I thought everyone knew about this already.

Just kiddin'.

From my perspective it would be a strange and probably unnecessary development – something more for bragging rights than for utility.

With ISOs going higher and higher, I'm not sure it makes sense for apertures to go wider and wider at the same time. Salomon needed his Ermanox in the era of two-digit film speeds. But in this century most manufacturers are working on fast sensors instead of humungous lenses. Superfast glass sounds to me like a retro-solution.

We may love bokeh, but we have to make a trade in terms of ability to focus. Personally I'm happy with f1.4 bokeh, and I use neither a Nocti nor a 75 Lux because I don't want focusing to be so hit-or-miss. A 35mm Nocti would have more DOF than the 50mm, but an f0.7?

And how are we going to see 35mm framelines, with a massive turret of glass in front of the viewfinder? Maybe these would be for new EVF/autofocus bodies?

Kirk

Last edited: