The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9/M-E/MM New CCD Sensor Replacement Begins

That's a helluvalatta follow through. They should inform customers looking into the ME whether it'll have this sensor. Certainly would make sense to start with one rather than one inherently flawed. I for one really think that the M240 upgrade option is the way to go. But i know there are some CCD die hards out there..

V

Vivek

Would they sell a new sensor unit (MM)? If anyone would help me procure one, I would be grateful. TIA!

uhoh7

Now I just need to take a tropical vacation and plan for 6 weeks sans digital M :)

Seriously, great news and look forward to see if the "look" has a subtle change with the new sensor.

The OCC "look" of the M9 is a benchmark for digital: I hear words to this effect from many, some who have longed stopped shooting it. But if you know your way around editing software, you can get close or better from the 240 and even the Sonys.

I love mine and shoot it constantly, nice to know that's going to be an option for years to come :)

Here is one from night before last, unedited:

New and old by unoh7, on Flickr