The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

sjg284

I expect to be following shortly..

I have my name on wait list for Q @ 2 shops, though I've been watching the used sales lately.. About 15% below retail, plus no sales tax...
Debating whether the savings outweighs the loss of 2yr warranty (+1yr Amex extension)...

I'm 2 for 3 so far-
Used M8 that worked fine for the 3 years I owned.
New X 113 that worked fine for the 9 months I owned.
New M 240 that needed warranty service within first 6 months.

silver92b

I expect to be following shortly..

I have my name on wait list for Q @ 2 shops, though I've been watching the used sales lately.. About 15% below retail, plus no sales tax...
Debating whether the savings outweighs the loss of 2yr warranty (+1yr Amex extension)...

I'm 2 for 3 so far-
Used M8 that worked fine for the 3 years I owned.
New X 113 that worked fine for the 9 months I owned.
New M 240 that needed warranty service within first 6 months.
Steve, I was pretty lucky I think with my M240. Bought it used and it's worked almost perfectly ever since. I think I've owned it for over a year now. I sent it to DAG to calibrate and CLA along with some lenses. So far that's all the care it has needed. I'm wondering if should the Q need work under warranty, I could send it in the original owners name? I certainly hope it won't need repairs... My EM-1 did develop an issue (can't remember what now) and I sent it back to Olympus. They took care of it and it came back quickly and working perfectly. I think you'll be fine with the Q :thumbup: