The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

erudolph

Good light here last few days. Great pinhole shots G! 75mm Summicron.
With the SL files in Lightroom, I find myself using a negative clarity value.

scott kirkpatrick

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Museums covering the Allende/Pinochet period in Chile

Two from the Museum Memorial of Human Rights and two from the more circumspect museum of the history of Chile that was built during the Pinochet regime. The first two are self-explanatory, the third (I think) is a cartoon from the period of the "Chicago Boys," and the last is from a painting of Bernardo O'Higgins, liberator of Chile, as he goes into exile when the others among the ruling elite found him too dictatorial.

L1010390 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L1010395 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L1010414 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L1010409 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Album link

scott

erudolph

Clear, hard light. These shots had a lot of DR and the camera handled it.

28mm Summicron ASPH-M

50mm AA-M, shot through a somewhat dirty window

50mm AA-M

D&A

Scott, since we are referring to cats, isn't it the human thats a POW? :) At least thats how they (felines) see it? LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

doug

First day playing with the SL & a torture-test scenario: a backlit hummingbird in flight. Sun in my face focussing manually on a hyperkinetic bird's eye in shadow, shadows brought up using ACR's fill light. Little processing aside from fill light, highlight recovery and curves. Eye is in focus, detail and color in the gorget (the red feathers) held up well with significant 'fill light'. This is about 1/3 of the full file. I'm impressed.

L1050752_crop.jpg

SL/280 APO