The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware for Leica T

Paratom

Thats great news. The T gets better and better.
Often the M and A7II stay at home and my T sees the light.
Here three from last week with the T and wide angle Zoom.
Do I really need a SL??

Attachments

Satrycon

menus way faster and more responsive.

the summicron T 23mm AF is definitely faster and seems to also be faster and more accurate in lower light...though i wouldn't say its 2wice as fast as before.

definite improvements..

now gotta throw the summicron M 90mm back on ;)

I know. I just think the T is still underrated by many IMO.
As seems to be the trend for most new Leica's recently. I think partially due to people setting way too high expectations possibly due to price. Still most Leica's in proper hands deliver fantastically good results. I guess lots of people still believe cameras make them better photographers :)

T, X-series, SL, Q, late M arrivals.. all have faced some tough love for one or the other reason. Q got most of the positive out of all these, but then just had to be bashed for being 28mm.. since that was only thing haters could pick on.

T is getting hammered for being slow & also user interface etc... but mostly by people not owning it or people who haven't used or even seen it in flesh. I think most long time T owners like theirs.

//Juha

Paratom

One reason could be that Leica doesn't develop mainstream products.
Sometimes they do not look great on paper but do work pretty well.
The user interface of the T is a good example. First you think it is a camera for smartphone lovers. But I experienced that the simple and straight forward user interface works quite well also for people who do normally like analog user interfaces.
Another thing might be lenses, sometimes they look slow compared to competition, but then the lenses are desgined that you can really use all f-stops, even wide open. Vs some other brands where lenses are faster but with inconsistent quality.
One thing I don't like is Leica Marketing...IMO they focus too much on the exclusivity factor.
In case of the T they should have optimized the firmware before starting to sell the camera IMO.
Anyways, I am glad the camera is so fast now and I use it a lot.

rsmphoto

I use the T predominantly for scouting jobs and personal travel, and I have found my clients remarking frequently how much they really like the T scout shots, enough to want to use them in coordination with my "final version" S images. The new firmware and additional speed was quite welcome. This surprising little camera continues to pay for itself in many ways.

Richard

robbepp

Update for new Firmware for Leica T

Firmware 1.430 update for 1.410 now on Leica website.

us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-T/Leica-T/Firmware-Update-1.4

Thanks to Leica for getting these fixes out so quickly!

Robbe Gibson