The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Q Question

awolf

Guys, is your Q rattle slightly when it is off? Seems fine when it is on... Dealer say it is normal

D&A

The very first Pentax DSLR with in body stabilization always sounded like a loose screw was floating around inside the body when rotated/shaken. In those days little was known and mass panic ensued! :)

Dave (D&A)

rich_

I remember when i bought my OMD EM-1 and i felt that weird rattle shakiness. 'This is meant to be hardy, wtf!' then yeh i figured out or read it was the IBIS. :)

yudafu2

I hate that rattling. It is really awful. Why on earth do they have to put that OIS stuff in the camera?
M, in that respect, is far better. Just feels steady and solid, a pure joy to use. The Q always has a touch of fragility in it, which is exacerbated by the rattling OIS.

For the very rare occasions when the OIS is useful, it actually worsens the user experience of the camera.