The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Edition 0,95"

JohnBrew

This is about all the fodder some people will need to add weight to their argument of Leica as a boutique brand.

You won't find me in that group, but who can blame them?

Godfrey

For those who want something really special, look here ... "Edition 0,95"
Marketable silliness from a photographic perspective. But, presumably, it makes a profit and pays for its special development with audience visibility. I never mind companies doing fancy specials on that basis, even though I'm rarely intrigued to consider buying them.

I did however own a Rollei 35 S Silber (the Silver Anniversary of the Rollei 35 commemorative special edition) and a Minox CLX (another 300piece special edition commemorating sixty years of Minox 8x11 camera production). They were lovely things, I enjoyed using them a little bit and looking at them a lot. Both long gone now, sold to other enthusiasts years ago. I'm not a collector at heart, I'm more of an accreter ... stuff just accretes here. ;-)

G

jonoslack

I wonder who it was who thought a Noctilux where you couldn't read the aperture and depth of field was a grand idea?

Oh Well, I guess they'll sell 95 of them without too much trouble.

Paratom

I wonder who it was who thought a Noctilux where you couldn't read the aperture and depth of field was a grand idea?

Oh Well, I guess they'll sell 95 of them without too much trouble.
I think it is to make photogtapher remember thatbthis lens is supposed to be used wide open. Leica to often saw people using a Noctilux stopped down and wanted to change this missbehaviour.
By the way I sometimes wish I had not sold my Noctilux

fotoism

I think it is to make photogtapher remember that this lens is supposed to be used wide open.....
Leica should have gone all the way and take away the aperture ring, leaving this 0.95 edition lens at, you guessed it, at 0.95, and at 0.95 only, no way to fiddle with other aperture values.

Wouldn't you feel silly if you told people "...err, I got this special 0.95 edition lens but I am shooting it at f/8..." :grin:

V

Vivek

Leica sent an email with a title "Beyond Perfection".

They are treating this seriously! :bugeyes: