Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Leica M[262]

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M[262]

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I continue to be perplexed at what people don't like about the M/M-P typ 240 sensor. To my eye, these cameras produce significantly better resolution, less moire, and far more accurate white balance and colors out of camera than anything out of the M9. They have another two stops worth of sensitivity too.

With the M9, the only way I'd work was to use raw files that I massaged with my own custom camera calibration profile. With the M-P, I can often produce B&W or Color JPEGs in-camera that are simply done, ready to deliver.

Enlighten me, please.

G

Not selling the M-P. Not. Like it a heck of a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Packing the Summilux-R 50, the Elmar-R 180, and the SL into my little bag and going for a walk in a few minutes. :-)

G
    I will echo what D&A said and agree that it's just a matter of preference IMO.

I played with other people's M240 files and I took several of my own that did little for me in terms of the rendering/color department. I also feel that way regarding the images I see out of the M246 when compared to the MM9 as well. Simply put I don't like the CMOSIS sensor and what it does but I digress for reasons that I don't want to beat a dead horse as I moved on from owning a Leica M for now.

As I say in many threads - there really aren't any bad cameras these days but some are simply a better fit for others. The M240 didn't fit into my camera bag where as I lived with a M9 since 2009 until 2014 when I decided to commit to Sony FE (although it has its own issues separate from Leica ones.) I don't think that most will argue that the M240 is not a more responsive camera than the M9 but many bought the M240 and went back to the M9 after not loving what it produced.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    ... The M240 didn't fit into my camera bag where as I lived with a M9 since 2009 until 2014 ...
    That's another thing I don't understand. I had the A&A half-case for the M9. When I got the M-P, I dropped it into the half-case and it fit perfectly, except for the cutouts for the different controller bits. It is at most 1mm thicker across the baseplate. Because of those things I had to order a different half-case for it, sad because the A&A half-case was very good and they didn't have an M-P compatible one as yet.

How could it "not fit" in the same bag? It's four ounces heavier (mostly due to the far more competent battery) and maybe the baseplate (and fore-aft portion of the body minus control bits) is a mm thicker. It's the same size otherwise...

It's okay if you leave me perplexed. I know which camera I prefer. It's obvious from the shooting history: I've had the M-P since February 2015, I had the M9 from January 18, 2012 to January 10, 2015. In all, I made 18,000 exposures with the M9 and on three occasions almost sold it. Since I obtained the M-P, I've made 26,000 exposures with it, bought two new lenses for it, and have absolutely no desire to part with it, at all, even with the new SL in hand.

Different strokes for different folks.

G
    Last edited by Godfrey; 21st November 2015 at 05:50.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

With all due respect, I think there have been enough threads on different opinions of sensors. Let's try to keep this on the M262 if possible. I know it has the M240 sensor.
    Brad Husick
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That's another thing I don't understand. I had the A&A half-case for the M9. When I got the M-P, I dropped it into the half-case and it fit perfectly, except for the cutouts for the different controller bits. It is at most 1mm thicker across the baseplate. Because of those things I had to order a different half-case for it, sad because the A&A half-case was very good and they didn't have an M-P compatible one as yet.

How could it "not fit" in the same bag? It's four ounces heavier (mostly due to the far more competent battery) and maybe the baseplate (and fore-aft portion of the body minus control bits) is a mm thicker. It's the same size otherwise...

It's okay if you leave me perplexed. I know which camera I prefer. It's obvious from the shooting history: I've had the M-P since February 2015, I had the M9 from January 18, 2012 to January 10, 2015. In all, I made 18,000 exposures with the M9 and on three occasions almost sold it. Since I obtained the M-P, I've made 26,000 exposures with it, bought two new lenses for it, and have absolutely no desire to part with it, at all, even with the new SL in hand.

Different strokes for different folks. :too cool:

G
    Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't actually referring to the physical dimensions but rather fit into what I wanted the IQ to be like. I'm one of those people with "too many" camera bags so I'm sure I have a few that it can actually fit into. I'm one that appreciates some size and a little heft at times.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bradhusick View Post
    With all due respect, I think there have been enough threads on different opinions of sensors. Let's try to keep this on the M262 if possible. I know it has the M240 sensor.
    Sorry for the digression.

If I had the SL and was thinking of adding an M now, the M262 would be the right choice for me. A bit less money, works brilliantly with 35, 50, 75 lenses using the rangefinder, and when I need anything more the SL does the job more capably. That is the pairing I had with Nikon and Leica for thirty-some years and it always worked extremely well.

But since I have the M-P which does have some additional capabilities, I'll just stick with what I have. If I'm going to spend any new lump o cash any time soon, it will likely be for a specific lens that I've had my eye on...

Post Thanks / Like

But since I have the M-P which does have some additional capabilities, I'll just stick with what I have. If I'm going to spend any new lump o cash any time soon, it will likely be for a specific lens that I've had my eye on...
    1.0 Nocti ???
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    1.0 Nocti ???
    Stop it!

G

Post Thanks / Like

Stop it!

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I handled a 262 in Wetzlar a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was lovely, noticeably lighter, love the notch and the black chrome. If I didn't sometimes like to use LV with wides I'd be very tempted.

I'm sure it'll make lots of people very happy
    If I ever did decide to move to the M246 Monochrom, the M262 would be the color companion of choice.
    "A fella, A quick fella, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel." The Gyro Captain

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My M Saga : -)

I've been without a color M camera since selling my M9P a few years ago. I've happily soldiered on with a MM9, and did the occasional M lens color work with a Sony A9R ... a camera as foreign to the rangefinder method as one can get IMHO, and semi-useless with a few of my favorite M lenses.

I was on track to upgrade the A7R to the A7R-II ... a camera I have already handled, and have access to for further testing ... the biggest improvement not being the "excessive for my applications" 43 meg sensor, but instead a tamed shutter and much better control of lag time when shooting decisive moment images.

However, it still IS NOT a rangefinder methodology, a rangefinder way of seeing, or the M rangefinder operational simplicity I prefer.

Then comes this.

This new M offering seems to be a nice alternative to the proliferation of blatant geek-cams. Perhaps a bit closer to the rangefinder way of making photos that many like myself grew up on?

While the CCD/CMOS sensor issue has indeed been beaten to death, (and I was one VERY vocal critic of the M240 with CMOSIS sensor), it appears to have mellowed with age. More recent M240 work now seems much more in line with my own personal expectations in terms of image qualities. Notably, Thorsten Overgaard and Jono (among others) seem to have it down pat, which is encouraging.

So, for $2K more than the Sony, I can get back to a more preferred method of making certain types of images with all of my M lenses ... sans the stuff I'd never use while doing those photos anyway.

Don't care what might be coming next year ... all I ever wanted was a digital M7, and this seems pretty darned close to being that. Then I'd be set for a loooooong time.

- Marc

Oh, BTW, I don't understand the notion that everyone knows what a Leica is when working in public ... unless those folks are shooting amongst a bunch of other "up there" 1% photographers

IMO, stealth has less to do with the camera used as it does how one conducts themselves while shooting candidly. Personally, I've only had one person take note of a M8 while shooting in NYC ... I wasn't actually shooting a pic of them, but they were standing near me and quipped that it was nice to see an old antique camera still being used ... and were subsequently shocked that it was actually a digital camera.
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M[262] - Shutter sound examples anywhere?

Hi all,

Has anyone heard the shutter sound on this new model, or is there any videos online comparing it? This is one feature that would interest me, but I haven't heard (pun intended) anything on line about the actual noise/sound. How quiet is quiet on this one...

thanks all,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M[262] - Shutter sound examples anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone heard the shutter sound on this new model, or is there any videos online comparing it? This is one feature that would interest me, but I haven't heard (pun intended) anything on line about the actual noise/sound. How quiet is quiet on this one...

thanks all,
    Dave
    +1

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Marc,

I too have noticed a so called mellowing with age with regards to the M240 and its file output, most notably its color pallet. I was right in line with you regarding the vocal nature of critisizing the M240 as compared to the M9. Whether attributed to thr CCD vs CMOS issue or a combination of components, the differences were notable to some.

I think firmware updates to the M240 have gone a long way towards addressing this issue although in there are still sitiations where the "old M240" rears its head (left out the word "ugly", as it would be too strong of word descriptively. These positive changed in the M240 along with this new model, goes along way towards taking the plunge into the M240 platform.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up the M 262 this past Friday.

So far it is everything I hoped that Leica wold release. I also grabbed a 90 cron (1980-1998 IIRC)

Along side my original MM
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Marc,

I too have noticed a so called mellowing with age with regards to the M240 and its file output, most notably its color pallet. I was right in line with you regarding the vocal nature of critisizing the M240 as compared to the M9. Whether attributed to thr CCD vs CMOS issue or a combination of components, the differences were notable to some.

I think firmware updates to the M240 have gone a long way towards addressing this issue although in there are still sitiations where the "old M240" rears its head (left out the word "ugly", as it would be too strong of word descriptively. These positive changed in the M240 along with this new model, goes along way towards taking the plunge into the M240 platform.

Dave (D&A)
    Initially I had concerns about the the colour pallet of the M240, but all that changed when I started using Capture One Pro Ver.8 (ver.9 is the most recent edition).
    Using C1 Pro provides image quality that is absolutely superb, highly recommended

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of environmental portraits with the new 262 and Lux FLE wide open. Still haven't seen the crappy bokeh form this lens some say it has. Is it as good as a Canon 200 2L or even the 90 cron? No way but again it is better than most 35mm lenses I have shot with. And it's insanely sharp. Even wide open.

Post Thanks / Like

262 and 90 cron wide open. (picked up a 1.4 magnifier and it really helps with focus)

Post Thanks / Like

current Leica lineup from left to rt M 262 35 lux FLE, M-E 90 cron (mid 1990s I think) and original MM and 35 2.8 biogon

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested Murphy's Camera in Louisville has some M 262s as of earlier today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    As an holdout who still use the M9, I would definitely get this instead of the M240. I guess the frankenfinder will still have its use!
    Well, I wasn't a holdout, but I wish I had been. I'm actually pretty disgusted with the performance of my M-P. In fact, I want my M8.2 back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    Well, I wasn't a holdout, but I wish I had been. I'm actually pretty disgusted with the performance of my M-P. In fact, I want my M8.2 back!
    John, interested to know about your experience with the M-P. Since the M262 is a scaled-down version of the M-P/240...
    Kindest,
    Dave

http://www.xdayv.com

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md-262.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	117025
    Leica M-D Typ 262 ? a variant of the 262 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is almost too good to be true. I have seriously thought about the M60, greatly encouraged when 262 was introduced, and now I will soon have to put money where my mouth is. The only thing that will hold me back is the looming new model that should come later this year.

What could be better? Imagine a M-D typ 246... WHAt??
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    This is almost too good to be true. I have seriously thought about the M60, greatly encouraged when 262 was introduced, and now I will soon have to put money where my mouth is. The only thing that will hold me back is the looming new model that should come later this year.

What could be better? Imagine a M-D typ 246... WHAt??
    Are you not going for the kill with the Typ 262?
    Kindest,
    Dave

http://www.xdayv.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Are you not going for the kill with the Typ 262?
    Hehe... I guess the REAL problem is that if I'm honest about where I am with my photography, the M9 is more than enough for me.

There are many ways to spend $3000 to $4000 right now: a used lens, a nice m6/m7, used M240, used MM9. I doubt the new M-D will fall into that range, but if I was to get it, it should be an easy transition since I only use the backscreen for menu settings (quick format SD card and change ISO).
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    John, interested to know about your experience with the M-P. Since the M262 is a scaled-down version of the M-P/240...
    Sorry to respond so late, Dave - missed your post. I've had my M-P for well over a year now. The color is ok but I prefer CCD color. It's probably just me seeing differently than most. The noise gets really ugly at higher ISO's so where is the advantage? I prefer the more film-like noise of the CCD. I've pegged ISO 1250 as high as I want to go for my preferences. I recently vacationed in the Caribbean and had to toss almost all my night shots due to noise. Once again, it's probably me, but I have had very poor success in opening up shadows with the M-P. All that happens is the noise gets quite ugly. It does protect highlights almost too well and I now use EV+.3 most of the time.
    As to thinking of the M262 as a better option: I've read where the M (240) is only a bit larger/heavier, but it certainly doesn't handle like one of the CCD models. I seem to feel every 1/100th of an ounce gain. The larger battery may be responsible, but the battery is one of the few things I think is a huge improvement. I used to take three batteries and a charger whenever I traveled with my M8, M8.2 or M9-P. The trip to the Caribbean was nine days and I didn't charge the battery once! Finally, I must say I've used the live view only once when sampling a 135 APO and I've never touched the movie mode so for me those additions are worthless. I'll keep the M-P (Lord, those things depreciate quickly!) just because I need an M, but am sorry I sold my M8.2 and will be looking for another one. I've learned that it's not ALL about megapixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi John

Just reading your post so thought I'd offer a suggestion, I think I read another post you made somewhere else about high ISO noise on shots of a couple of seconds? I teach a lot of people to shoot aurora and night sky stuff and how high ISO works on the S and very possibly on your M depends greatly on the shutter speed. Handholdable shutter speeds then I can crank up the ISO, especially if there is still a reasonable amount of light, but as soon as it's multi-second shots that goes out of the window as you have seen. Have you tried using a maximum of ISO800 and shooting longer? In my many experiments, ISO800 pushed in post is far cleaner than anything higher, again this is with the S so not entirely sure it translates but worth a try. On a tripod, even an 8 second exposure at ISO 800 is better than a 2 second exposure at 1600 or higher, there is also loads of room to push in post. Although I don't have an M, it may be worth an hour of experimenting to see how that works for you? I have found anything over ISO800 is reserved for reasonable light where I want a faster shutter speed.

Mat
    http://matrichardson.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mat, good of you to respond. What you say I believe to be true, however, on this vacation I didn't take a tripod so I was trying to get the shutter speed up by raising the ISO. Unfortunately ISO 800 didn't allow for near fast enough shutter speed hand held. At 1250 I ended up adding an EV+2 and was still at 1/2 sec. I did post an image I made at ISO3200 with the camera set on a concrete wall and a 2 sec. shutter speed. At any degree of enlargement the banding noise in the shadows was unacceptable. And I find Leica's noise reduction to be ineffective. Wish it worked as well as my D810. Maybe I need a Noct? or Not!

I apologize for going off-topic but perhaps this high ISO experience is worth while?
    Last edited by JohnBrew; 18th March 2016 at 13:21.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the 262 is very good at 3200 ISO.

I do like the M-E a lot more than I thought I would but the 262 is just insanely good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    At 1250 I ended up adding an EV+2 and was still at 1/2 sec.
    Adjusting EV isn't the way to fix things in camera the way you're thinking. What you did with +2 EV in camera is in fact the opposite to what you wanted. In effect you basically fooled the camera to expose same time, as it would on ISO320 in automatic mode. In camera EV comp is just correction for meter value.

What you can do instead is "drag the shutter", so deliberately shoot fex 2 stops under exposed and then fix it in post by pushing 2 stops. In this case ISO1250 and -2 EV, for shorter shutter speed. Some say this gives better results than higher iso in camera.

In any case This for sure isn't ideal, but if it's the matter of getting a shot or not..

//Juha

Post Thanks / Like

shot at 3200 ISO and most of the street work I shot with the 262 was 1600 and 3200 ISO.
    Leica M[262]

Post Thanks / Like

A few from today

Post Thanks / Like

Visited botanical gardens today with my family + my parents, this time equipped with M typ 262 and 75 Summicron. No flash, all hand held and horrible mixture of lighting, including some Led's consisting or 3 different color "bulbs" aimed at the flowers.

Some flower shots and in the last one my wife, daughter and "grandpa" checking out what my daughter has captured with her little Sony. She's couple of days shy from being 5 years old.

Needless to say, we had a great couple of hours together.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1195
Size:  397.5 KB

Views: 1192
Size:  698.4 KB

Views: 1193
Size:  418.0 KB

Views: 1179
Size:  366.6 KB

Views: 1182
Size:  399.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

With old age, I am looking more backward...than forward.

I expect to be taking a pleasure trip shortly.

I shall be taking two cameras with me. The best two digital cameras that I have ever owned....Nikon D700 and the Leica M8. And 3 lenses.

They have given me the most pleasure.

On this trip, I only want my trusted friends to accompany me.

Maybe, just maybe, one of us doesn't make it back....such is life.

Let's see if the mojo is still there....

Between Friends
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just for what is is worth, the last change to the M color was in October 2013 FW update 2.0.0.11. I'm glad that Mark, D&A and others feel the color has improved through time and mellowed, but it has been the same for almost 3 years.

2.0.0.11 was the first upgrade for the M firmware and it addressed the AWB issues everyone was having. But, glad everyone likes the color.

Post Thanks / Like

M 262

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning walk as bright sun rises, elevating textures and shapes from their mundane places.

Leica M-D + Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH
    ISO 400 @ f/9.5 @ 1/180 @ 21mm

enjoy!
    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine gave me this. It was his fathers.

Leitz Canada 65mm 3.5 Elmar and Leitz Wetzlar close up bellows and focus chimney.

My MM

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Circle ....

My first Leica RF was 1984 .... have had most of the digital M cameras ... moved to the S and after some disappointing hardware issues dropped that as I planned to move to the H X1D. But after the recent delays and
    potential for non-AF with HC lenses on the adapter I decided to simplify a bit. Probably due to the wonderful Leica Q ... best travel camera I have had.

So a couple of pictures as I test the camera ... upgrade firmware and try to get date and time sorted.

Leica M-D 50 APO Summicron

I absolutely love the format and the optical RF is for me an old friend ... EVFs have an uphill progression to match the
    RF for me. And really its all about the glass .....

At this point in my life less is more .... bye bye H X1D.

Thanks,

Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob,
    I also come back to Rangefinder all the time. Its a very simple and direct way of photography. To simplify even more I will exchange my type 240 with a M262 (but the one with display). I know not many would do this but I am looking forward to the somewhat lower weight and less buttons.
    Enjoy your new camera!
    Best, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Full Circle ....

My first Leica RF was 1984 .... have had most of the digital M cameras ... moved to the S and after some disappointing hardware issues dropped that as I planned to move to the H X1D. But after the recent delays and
    potential for non-AF with HC lenses on the adapter I decided to simplify a bit. Probably due to the wonderful Leica Q ... best travel camera I have had.

So a couple of pictures as I test the camera ... upgrade firmware and try to get date and time sorted.

I absolutely love the format and the optical RF is for me an old friend ... EVFs have an uphill progression to match the
    RF for me. And really its all about the glass .....

At this point in my life less is more .... bye bye H X1D.

Thanks,

Bob
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am very pleased with the sensor and lens combination of the M-D and 50 APO Cron. Very clean colors that are realistic and the files hold up
    well in post.

A couple in platinum tone ....

And a couple in color ....

Thanks,

Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,
    how you get along with the user interface?
    I mean one thing is being "liberated" from menues etc.
    But if you want to set one of the few options, isnt it more complicated?
    DO you miss checking the exposure in tricky situations?

I mean I have decided for the M262 version with display, but of course the MD is even more puristic.

Post Thanks / Like

There is little to set on the camera and it takes a couple of tries to figure out the time part of the date and time.

Once you learn to read the LEDs it is very simple. And when shooting the only choice button wise is EC.

Exposure compensation is very straightforward and the buttons are perfectly placed for me. You press the function button
    next to the shutter release and dial up or down with the wheel just under the function button.

Exposure in mixed lighting becomes a series of choices which quickly become intuitive ... panning the camera you can
    see the range of light values and then choose what you think will be appropriate ... whenever it is extreme I will bracket
    a couple of values. I tend to underexpose ... almost always have -0.3 set in "normal" lighting. I normally will point the camera a
    bit towards the ground if there is a major amount of backlight scene and set the exposure lock with half press on the shutter, recompose
    and expose ... then I will add +1 EC as a buffer ... usually one of those is close.

The camera is so simple straightforward and holdable that I do not miss the screen ... did not chimp a lot the majority of the time
    with my other cameras. The feeling of the camera is so different without the glass and buttons on the back. The ISO wheel is very
    stiff ... I remember on my M6/M7s the wheel would not stay set ... this one does not move unless you want it to change. It is a
    two finger move.

Most of what we call difficult lighting becomes a series of choices and then attempts in post to portray the scene as we perceived it.

Here is a shot the would be corrected with difficulty ... and I was pleased it was usable.

I tend to use blue sky or grass as a gray card for exposure when things are really difficult. I have the original Lumu for
    iPhone and am awaiting their new power meter and color meter insert. Have a decent light meter but always have my phone
    nearby. Just lazy ... I assume that it will see more use in the coming years for that 10% of pictures that I do not want to chance
    missing.

Regards,

Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    There is little to set on the camera and it takes a couple of tries to figure out the time part of the date and time.

Once you learn to read the LEDs it is very simple. And when shooting the only choice button wise is EC.

Exposure compensation is very straightforward and the buttons are perfectly placed for me. You press the function button
    next to the shutter release and dial up or down with the wheel just under the function button.

Exposure in mixed lighting becomes a series of choices which quickly become intuitive ... panning the camera you can
    see the range of light values and then choose what you think will be appropriate ... whenever it is extreme I will bracket
    a couple of values. I tend to underexpose ... almost always have -0.3 set in "normal" lighting. I normally will point the camera a
    bit towards the ground if there is a major amount of backlight scene and set the exposure lock with half press on the shutter, recompose
    and expose ... then I will add +1 EC as a buffer ... usually one of those is close.

The camera is so simple straightforward and holdable that I do not miss the screen ... did not chimp a lot the majority of the time
    with my other cameras. The feeling of the camera is so different without the glass and buttons on the back. The ISO wheel is very
    stiff ... I remember on my M6/M7s the wheel would not stay set ... this one does not move unless you want it to change. It is a
    two finger move.

Most of what we call difficult lighting becomes a series of choices and then attempts in post to portray the scene as we perceived it.

Here is a shot the would be corrected with difficulty ... and I was pleased it was usable.

I tend to use blue sky or grass as a gray card for exposure when things are really difficult. I have the original Lumu for
    iPhone and am awaiting their new power meter and color meter insert. Have a decent light meter but always have my phone
    nearby. Just lazy ... I assume that it will see more use in the coming years for that 10% of pictures that I do not want to chance
    missing.

Regards,

Bob
    Sounds good! Enjoy your new camera. I am looking forward to receive my "normal" 262 next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    Sounds good! Enjoy your new camera. I am looking forward to receive my "normal" 262 next week.
    Love to hear your impressions when you have it.

Bob