The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M[262]

Paratom

I really like the blues in the last images. From my experience one area where the combo M+50APOworks exceptionally well.

aDam007

Yes agree, I love the blues that come from the M+50APO combo.
I feel the 50APO (the only lens I have left for M) is a bit wasted on the M246 that I own. Seriously considering getting another color M, just need to get rid of my Monochrom first :D

Just a quick question.. Why aren't you M262 and M-D users posting in the M240 forum? It's the same sensor :p

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Adam ...

Started posting here as the thread was a bit of an exploration of the 262 and by extension the M-D. Stayed here
out of habit ...

Thorsten Overgaard suggests that the sensor of the M-D and M 60 might be a bit different than that of the
M240 with respect to color.

http://overgaard.dk/Leica-M-Type-24...eel-with-the-Leica-M-D-262-and-Leica-M60.html

I never had a M240 ... M8, M8.2, M9 ... moved to the MM and M246 but have to say that today the color I am seeing out of the M-D is accurate and beautiful.

Need to develop a bit better mono ... platinum conversion but I am satisfied with the camera .... battery life is so good without a LCD to power. Shooting
all week and barely dropped the level. I feel comfortable having just one spare in case something weird happens ... as it always seems to when one is
unprepared.

A bit more resolution would be nice for landscapes but I could stitch if I really needed it.

Bob

PeterA

Glad to see that you are enjoying using your Leica M-D Bob.

My favourite focal length is being featured in many of your shots too -:)

-Pete

Paratom

Hi Bob,
I agree. The fact hat you have kind of hijacked the 262 image thread shows that you seem to really have fun with this camera.
My 262 is on delay but hopefully in my hands soon. I am also looking forward to it.
Keep images coming!
Tom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I cull pictures as my gallery is limited and I pull older ones to make room for newer pictures. The pictures are linked to the gallery and when I pull them they disappear from the thread.

I will keep up on this thread when I can get out ... looking forward to two weeks of supervising new floors for the house ... in the middle of it now. Nothing like the sound of a jack hammer removing tile and mastic in the adjoining room.

Couple of new lenses I am learning at the present so most everything is just trying to nail focus and DOF issues. Have just added a magnifier to the M-D which helps for critical focus but necessitates looking around they VF for framing.

You are showing just how good the color from the M262 can be.

Bob