The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suggestions for a collectible

V

Vivek

Something unique and Leica at ~ $1000 that will not lose its value in the coming years. If it will work to make photos then that will be a bonus.

TIA! :salute:

D&A

Something unique and Leica at ~ $1000 that will not lose its value in the coming years. If it will work to make photos then that will be a bonus.

A $1000 Bill taped to any Leica item. Guarenteed to retain its value. Oh wait, theres inflation to consider..LOL.

Ok, seriously, I like Tom's suggestion of a Leica film body and s classic 35 or 50.mm lens to go with it. Its truly timeless and can be used if so desired. Possibly even a M3 instead of M6.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

A $1000 Bill taped to any Leica item. Guarenteed to retain its value.

Dave (D&A)
That is not a common denomination is it? Hardly unique though. :)

I have a few lenses that can be tacked on to a few Leica bodies (L,M or R). I still have a few R bodies and M bodies (film), viso, etc,.

Anything else? :)

D&A

The $1000 bill isn't common but the $500 one is, as seen by the multitude I have on hand....that is from my Monopoly game set :). If I win this weeks 1.3 Billion dollar (yes thats billion) Powerball lottery this week here in the States, I'll then have some real ones to play with.

As for tour question, I personally would stick to a Leica M film body and a lens as opposed to an R or some P&S. Its noth timeless and a timeless gift and can also be used to shoot as you mentioned.

Dave (D&A)

Dave

V

Vivek

Thanks. If I win that Powerball lottery tomorrow, SL's for all my friends at Getdpi....even those Sony users...LOL!

Dave (D&A)
Hey, I am a Leica user!

Will send you my address- SL + the kit zoom plus whatever adapters they have (add an M262 and an MM2 plus a set of Lux' as well).

Thank you! :)

D&A

Hey, I am a Leica user!

Will send you my address- SL + the kit zoom plus whatever adapters they have (add an M262 and an MM2 plus a set of Lux' as well).

Thank you! :)
No problem Vivek, I'll even hand deliver it. Yet didn't you forget ro request backups for these cameras? No self respecting photographer goes without backups! Now I have to go back and figure out the latest odds of winning this weeks powerball. Something like 1 in 292 million, last I heard. Do you think I have a fighting chance? LOL! Then again eventually someone got to win it, why not me? :).

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Dave, I did not want to push my luck too far.

I sincerely hope you win! :)

JonPB

Leica Stereoly + Elmar 50/3.5? With the coming storm of VR, they might even appreciate in coming years. Might even be able to use Google Cardboard as a viewer. At any rate, it'd be good fun for a little bit and then be a quaint trinket that likely holds its value if that doesn't pan out.

Cheers,
Jon

V

Vivek

Leica Stereoly + Elmar 50/3.5? With the coming storm of VR, they might even appreciate in coming years. Might even be able to use Google Cardboard as a viewer. At any rate, it'd be good fun for a little bit and then be a quaint trinket that likely holds its value if that doesn't pan out.

Cheers,
Jon
I happen to know what that is (have seen several samples) as well as a Stemar. :)

I do have a pentax stereo splitter and several other prism splitters and such.

I doubt there will be any resurgence with those though.

bensonga

A Leicaflex SL or SL2....yes, there are still a few of us who collect Leica R series cameras. :)

I paid $495 for this mint SL2. I don't think it will lose much (if any) value in the coming years.

And yes, it still works to make photos.

Gary

D&A

Vivik, I have some bad news. With regards to our conversation (above), I did not win last nights 1.5 Billion dollar Powerball lottery.
The good news though is that there were at least three winners residing in different States (California, Tennessee and Florida). We could always ask one of them to provide us with our request for free Leica's :).

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Sorry to hear, Dave!

I am not sure others will be as generous as you!

D&A

Sorry to hear, Dave!

I am not sure others will be as generous as you!
Thank you for the kind words. I guess it never hurts to ask them but something tells me by the end of the day, they will have a million new people claiming to be their friends...LOL.

Maybe we should start a new thread entitled " what camera equipment would you buy if you just won 1.5 Billion dollars?" :)

Dave (D&A)