The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new Leica X U

Tim

Its a shame that the flash does not come off.
I for one carry a single lens compact and rarely if ever use flash.
While its not large its also of limited use. Perhaps was included to trigger other units.

barjohn

Let's hope they improved the camera's speed, especially in AF. The X cameras have been notoriously slow, which is what made the Q stand out.

Paratom

Let's hope they improved the camera's speed, especially in AF. The X cameras have been notoriously slow, which is what made the Q stand out.
I even dont understand why would they not use the Q instead of the X for a waterproof camera????
28mm would be much better for underwater than 35mm, fast AF and better Video would also be an Advantage.
And I think to remember that the Q also has a better Close focusing Limit (?).

Strange. I wonder if the People who decided to build this camera have ever used a camera underwater before.