Hi all, I just got the SL and like it.
I bought it initially for just manual focus lenses, since I have so many of them. (Leica M, R, Olympus OM, and Canon FD/LTM all with adapters.) Which is proving to be fun to revive so many of my 'keeper' lenses from my film days.
The problem I need help with is metering exposure errors in 'A' mode when I stop down below F8 on any lens I test so far. (M and R with the Leica brand adapters)
The problem for me is as follows:
- Point camera at static subject with a manual focus lens on Leica adapter (M or R) in 'A' mode
- Start out wide open, then take picture or just look at meter reading, and stop down one stop at a time
- The shutter speed cuts in approx. 1/2 every stop until around F8 - then it doesn't really go down after that much, it under exposes every F Stop after that (from F11 to F16 or F22 depending on the lens)
When I pointed it at a blank wall it seemed to work today with my Leica 35-70 F4, in room light, but fail in outdoor light
So it seems to need:
- complex subject. (anything but a blank surface)
- Brighter EV (light) ?
- Auto ISO fails
- Fixed ISO fails
- Center weighted or complex metering pattern fails
- In Fixed ISO (pick any ISO) it seem to get slightly better turning off 1/focal length or 1/2focal length setting from Auto ISO menu
(which is really weird since Auto ISO wasn't on to make it fail)
It seems to be roughly OK till F8 and then exposure gets all confused and stays about the same so every picture gets darker and darker.
One more problem:
Lastly problem 2, taking pictures the joystick 'magnify focus' got stuck in the upper right and it took a battery removal to let the camera work again. I even turned it off, and it stayed on!
Any help on the exposure problem or settings is greatly appreciated. (I think problem 2 is a random bug)