The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dead PIxels?

edmund

Ive used my M9 for a few years now... but just noticed this line of pixels in the left side.

Just wanted to confirm with you all --- is this a sensor issue that can be fixed?

The photo is a 1:1 zoom.

Thank you all!Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 7.15.14 PM.jpg

ced

Ive used my M9 for a few years now... but just noticed this line of pixels in the left side.

Just wanted to confirm with you all --- is this a sensor issue that can be fixed?

The photo is a 1:1 zoom.

Thank you all!View attachment 119239
The sensor needs to be replaced but Leica may have a way to do a software manipulation and hide the line doing an average from surrounding pixels. Pro medium format cameras have that possibility.

fotografz

That is probably a dead pixel causing the line.

I had one like that on a S2 CCD sensor and I sent a RAW file to Leica and they mapped a correction, sent me a Firmware update to install. Took 5 minutes and it was gone.

I think even new sensors are mapped for any dead pixels.

Unless the sensor is corroded (which is a different issue), I doubt they'll replace the sensor, nor does it need to be replaced.

- Marc