The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question for those going to PMA

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I'd love it if someone could ferret out some information on Leica's M9 plans: timing; pricing; full frame; electronic focus confirm? I've put lens purchases on hold until I know what the next step is.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Woody,

A good point. I would like a 24mm EFOV lens for my M8 and would go for the newly announced Leica 18mm if I knew that the plan was to stick with the 1.33 crop factor. An 18mm EFOV on full frame would be a novelty lens for my personal use and there are several very nice actual 24mm lenses.

I understand they cannot announce what they do not know but it would be useful for them to be aware that people are potenially holding off buying these nice new lenses until a roadmap is known.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
They may not have a roadmap and if they do, I bet you would have to sign a NDA to even have them talk about it much less see it.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Yeah. Not sure if M9 discussion will really be on the table right now. But, I will certainly ask.

I'll be posting to my blog later today with PMA updates.

Most of my day will be spent at the Leica booth. If you want me to ask anything or whatnot, just post a comment to the blog or send me a PM here. I'll be receiving those messages on my BlackBerry.

David

R

Ranger 9

Be sure to ask if the M10 will have the antigravity neckstrap lugs and if the M11 will include a flux capacitor so you can go back and get those "decisive moments" you missed the first time around.

R

Ranger 9

Apple granted non-exclusive rights to Leica in exchange for rights to the antigravity neckstrap lugs, which will be used on a future iPhone. You must have missed that rumor...