Site Sponsors

Thread: The Q

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by docmoore; 7th August 2016 at 17:35.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The Q

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    I do not want to start another Q image thread but .... cannot discuss this in the snapshot thread.
    Are you referring to the "Fun with the Leica Q" thread?

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

But I assume that it may be better there than starting something new ... probably better term would have been
    street and people photo thread.

Thanks,

Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Intriguing, Bob.

What did you want to discuss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Bob,

I am thinking of picking up a Q - but my 28 Summicron is outstanding on the 240MP I've just started using...maybe I will buy a Q so that my good wife has a 'travel' camera for herself...after all it is autofocus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Hi Bob,

I am thinking of picking up a Q - but my 28 Summicron is outstanding on the 240MP I've just started using...maybe I will buy a Q so that my good wife has a 'travel' camera for herself...after all it is autofocus.
    Pete,

A perfect choice for a travel camera ... I intend to use mine for this when on family trips where photography is secondary ... or farther down the list for my wife.

The AF is stellar and metering is very good ... you may find the lens to be close to your 28 Summicron and the sensor may be a generation ahead of the M240.

Not the M experience but allows capture of pictures with little stress ... first camera I consistently use handheld ... others I have tended to support with a monopod.

Bob
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Hi Bob,

The 28 Cron was always on my M9. I traded them and a bunch of other M glass for a Q and cash. I do not miss the 28 Cron (much). The results from the Q are different, but not inferior, and it's a MUCH more versatile camera if you like the 28mm FoV.

--Matt
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    The 28 Cron was always on my M9. I traded them and a bunch of other M glass for a Q and cash. I do not miss the 28 Cron (much). The results from the Q are different, but not inferior, and it's a MUCH more versatile camera if you like the 28mm FoV.

--Matt
    Hi Matt

You are spot on and if I might add this thought as well - with the Q one is buying an autofocus fast very capable lens mated to a great chip and body for the equivalent of a couple of thousand more than (just) one lens - as you say all good IF you like the 28 FOV - with 24 megapixels cropping makes the FOV 'malleable' on PP.

The Q is pointing to Leica's future as far as smaller form factor goes I suspect - just like the sexy SL is.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post