The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Q

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yes.

But I assume that it may be better there than starting something new ... probably better term would have been
street and people photo thread.

Thanks,

Bob

PeterA

Hi Bob,

I am thinking of picking up a Q - but my 28 Summicron is outstanding on the 240MP I've just started using...maybe I will buy a Q so that my good wife has a 'travel' camera for herself...after all it is autofocus.

docmoore

Hi Bob,

I am thinking of picking up a Q - but my 28 Summicron is outstanding on the 240MP I've just started using...maybe I will buy a Q so that my good wife has a 'travel' camera for herself...after all it is autofocus.
Pete,

A perfect choice for a travel camera ... I intend to use mine for this when on family trips where photography is secondary ... or farther down the list for my wife.

The AF is stellar and metering is very good ... you may find the lens to be close to your 28 Summicron and the sensor may be a generation ahead of the M240.

Not the M experience but allows capture of pictures with little stress ... first camera I consistently use handheld ... others I have tended to support with a monopod.

Bob

MGrayson

Hi Bob,

The 28 Cron was always on my M9. I traded them and a bunch of other M glass for a Q and cash. I do not miss the 28 Cron (much). The results from the Q are different, but not inferior, and it's a MUCH more versatile camera if you like the 28mm FoV.

--Matt

PeterA

The 28 Cron was always on my M9. I traded them and a bunch of other M glass for a Q and cash. I do not miss the 28 Cron (much). The results from the Q are different, but not inferior, and it's a MUCH more versatile camera if you like the 28mm FoV.

--Matt
Hi Matt

You are spot on and if I might add this thought as well - with the Q one is buying an autofocus fast very capable lens mated to a great chip and body for the equivalent of a couple of thousand more than (just) one lens - as you say all good IF you like the 28 FOV - with 24 megapixels cropping makes the FOV 'malleable' on PP.

The Q is pointing to Leica's future as far as smaller form factor goes I suspect - just like the sexy SL is.