The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flash for M8?

Gary P

I know that if at all possible use available light, but for those times when you need supplemental light, what do those of you with digital Leica M experience use for on camera flash units?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm no expert on flash, but I have a Nikon SB800 that works well on mine. At least on the 3 times I've used it.

Gary P

Thanks TR Smith. Does that mean that my stock Canon flash units would work in TTL speak? By the way I'm a Mainah Too!

Gary P

TimWright

I don't think canon flashes will work at all on the M8 and really none work in ttl. As much as I don't really like flash I do use them for weddings and use Metz with the recommended module for Leica. Of course the new Leica flash would work as well.