The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 out takes

etrigan63

Took this while manipulating my M8 with gloves on (I'm from Florida - gloves are alien to us):

Hayden Planetarium, NYC

Daniel

I have a couple of 32 second black frames but I won't bore you since we all know what they look like :ROTFL:
HAH, i know that!

my aunt had a range finder camera. friends and family came over from singapore to visit. everyone went about nyc to do the tourist thing. they took pictures. lots of pictures. they were all so excited. at the end of the day, my aunt realized that she had forgotten to take the lens cap off!

there was another time she forgot to load the camera with film!

–dan

PeterA

I initially read "Broken Arch" as "Bokeh Arch"..I really am sick Leica puppy - great shots in the snow..

Daniel

I just acquired this lens from another photographer I met by chance in a coffee shop this evening in Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia. He noticed my camera and offered to sell me his Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 III. I didn't have to ponder too long before accepting his offer. The price was fair to me. My senses tells me that I can trust him, and everyone else in the coffee shop seems to know him.

Anyway, I've notice a back focusing problem, and this idea is new to me. It's not a big issue for me because, after two hundred experimental test shots, I've found a simple way to work around it. For example, when the focusing patch is matched or in focus, I simply shift the focusing patch off to the right by almost a millimeter. This test shot is before I figured out how to work around the back focusing problem. I was focusing on his frame's nose pad.

What is your take on working around this? Would it make sense to send to Leica to adjust, but is it worth the trouble in the first place?

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 III (f2.0, 1/180, 640)