The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Playing with the DMR

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Dutch defenses

There are 433 posts in the M8 image thread - surely we can manage a few dozen in a DMR thread? I feel lonely - images please.... Pretty please?

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is a DMR image. Since I got the M8, the DMR is used most often with long glass. This is with the 400mm.

robsteve

Subscriber
Here are a couple from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

This was shot with the 35-70mm f2.8.

I used the 90mm APO here.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Here are some shots from Germany/Switzerland. I went with the whole vertical landscape shot theme. Enjoy.

35 cron

robsteve

Subscriber
These are from today. I have a rink in the back yard and the neighbors were having a game of hockey. The light was almost perfect earlier in the game.

This is with the 400mm.

I used the 90mm APO here.

The 180mm APO Summicron was used for this one.

Last edited:

EH21

Wow! How lucky is that to have a rink in your own yard! I love hockey but hard to play here in San Francisco - most of the pick up skate times are in the middle of the day during weekdays. Great images btw - that 90 is a great lens!

robsteve

Subscriber
Wow! How lucky is that to have a rink in your own yard! I love hockey but hard to play here in San Francisco - most of the pick up skate times are in the middle of the day during weekdays. Great images btw - that 90 is a great lens!
In the summer the rink turns into a Lake we swim in :)

Here is another shot with the 90mm APO. My dog decided to fetch the puck from the middle of the game :)

doug

gogopix

Subscriber
can't compete with doug, but the DMR helps a lot
180 at 5.6 400 ISO
Victor

Last edited:

sinwen

Thanks all for sharing these picts, I remember the DMR was a very hot forums subject some times back, since then it cooled down to ice. You can find hundred of M8 picts but DMRs disappeared.
I keep rolling with my old R6 and wait to see if Leica will give birth to the R10 in the mean time enjoying you pictures.