The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How Good is the V lux Image quality for a backup camera

rollsman44

This might sound a little crazy about using this camera for a backup for weddings and other social functions. I am pretty sure I know the answer already( NOT good ) Just want to see how good this is. Not sure which V Lux just this system itself. Thank you
I was also going to use it for vacations and family functions but I need excellent IQ . I see it has a 1" sensor but not sure about the lens quality.

rich_

This might sound a little crazy about using this camera for a backup for weddings and other social functions. I am pretty sure I know the answer already( NOT good ) Just want to see how good this is. Not sure which V Lux just this system itself. Thank you
I was also going to use it for vacations and family functions but I need excellent IQ . I see it has a 1" sensor but not sure about the lens quality.
I don't own one personally, but presumably the quality is just below a M4/3 camera- I owned an EM1 and i appreciated the lens sharpness, but for me the image quality difference and DOF control (Without a large fast lens) wasn't a step up enough to take it over a high end cellphone.

dhsimmonds

I used the great grandaddy of the VLux many years ago as the Panasonic derivative. The sensor then was much smaller but the lens was superb. Suffice to say that not only is my Avatar cropped from an image taken with that camera (an air to air shot) I made full size exhibition quality A3 sized prints from this series one of which has been around the world in international exhibitions and also accepted for publication in the Leica Users bi-annual coffee table book. The new Panasonic FZ2000 is also worth considering with it's Leica badged lens.