The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M10 coming on Thursday 1-19-17??

herrbarnack

Word on the street is that Leica will release the M240 camera's successor (aka the M10) on Thursday 1-19-17. Has anyone heard anything along these lines?

There is much speculation afoot about this (allegedly) pending M camera release - what are your thoughts?

jdphoto

I'm excited that maybe this will drop prices on some older models, but I think Leica has another camera surprise too.

dpal

Just came back from my local Leica Store. Got to check out the new M10. Very nice feel, size wise almost same as my MP. Since I have small hands, it felt good. No video, and I never use the video part of my M-P anyways. So it's just fine for my use. According to the store manager, there is no wait, there is the choice of either black or chrome.

Took 3 quick snaps around the store. Here is one of them. The ISO and shutter was set by the store, I just took the snaps. The lens is the 50mm Apo Summicron, wide open.

Attachments

Knorp

Just wait a little and you can have double the pixels and keep $96 in your pocket ... :grin:
Or what am I missing here ?

The Leica M10 will begin shipping this week for a price of $6595/€6500.
The GFX 50S will ship in late February at an MSRP of $6499/£6199.
:watch:

retow

Just wait a little and you can have double the pixels and keep $96 in your pocket ... :grin:

Yep. But this logic reminds me of my last year's car purchase. A Boxster GTS. The same amount of money could have bought a much bigger, heavier, and higher specd. vehicle.........

rayyan

So now we shall witness masterclass images!

I shall compare them with the previous offering, some on this forum were gushing
about the last time around.

scott kirkpatrick

Don't forget the lenses! The ad for the GFX shows quite a stable of them. That 120 macro looks pretty neat, but then the $96 in your pocket will fly away in the suction caused by the other several $K required. At least turning in your M240 for a new M10 doesn't require adding lenses to the stable.

scott

V

Vivek

Down the road the GFX. No interest in buying the M10.

Would be interested to see if the sensor would exfoliate or not! :watch:

fotografz

First color sensor M I've been interested in since the M9.

Comparisons to other cameras is of little interest because none of them are rangefinders.

Main draws for me in order of importance are the reduced thickness (back to M film camera like M7), bigger rangefinder (0.72 like standard film Ms), external ISO dial, and elimination of the video.

Interestingly, Leica seems to have returned to the previous M naming convention.

Looks good so far.

:thumbs:

- Marc

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Any word from the dealers on delivery ? Appears all the Leica stores received a demo camera and made it available for customers yesterday . Test reports ..many already complete .

scott kirkpatrick

Any word from the dealers on delivery ? Appears all the Leica stores received a demo camera and made it available for customers yesterday . Test reports ..many already complete .
I was talking with the folks at Popflash yesterday. They don't get demo units, and had not heard the pricing or received ordering paperwork. They are an Internet outfit, so probably don't have much walk-in business, but they had 20+ in the queue before the announcement. That doesn't sound like quick fulfillment.

scott

Knorp

Storage medium SD cards up to 2GB/SDHC cards up to 32GB/SDXC cards up to 2TB
Any idea if the M10 support UHS-II cards ?
As usual there is no word about it and I 'fear' the answer already ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: