The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Voigtlander 15 Heliar report is up!

robmac

Nicely done. Like the unbiased pros and cons approach and style. One request? Maybe a couple of link to full B&W shots to show the fine detail abilities w/o the cyan drift issue? A full-sized copy of say the first cathedral shot would be one example.

Over the last year, I've started using CV SL and SLII glass on my 1Ds2 as I start shifting to Nikon and moving out some of my glass that won't Nikon-mount (or be converted to same). VERY, very impressed. Looking fwd to seeing what the upcoming 20/3.5 SLII will deliver.

Lloyd

Nice review, Steve. I agree with your conclusions. The CV 15/4.5 is one of my favorite lenses, and the very first lens I bought after I got my M8. Love it! And while the new version looks interesting, I have the Milich adapter and filter holder for my current version, and am plenty happy with that setup. Rangefinder coupling on this lens is a non-issue!.

Couple of sample shots:

charlesphoto

Yeah, I'm in line for the new one. Never got on with the old one and sold it. I like rf coupling (even for superwides) I think it will actually be easier to code as they now have a groove in the mount on newer CV M mount lenses.

lambert

Yeah, I'm in line for the new one. Never got on with the old one and sold it. I like rf coupling (even for superwides) I think it will actually be easier to code as they now have a groove in the mount on newer CV M mount lenses.
I sold mine for the same reasons and will probably buy the new version. A 15, 35 and 75 is possibly the ideal travel combo.

Daniel