The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR batteries

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Anyone know who might have a few DMR batteries? Last time I checked BH and Audorama both had then but now they are out of stock. I know I can get them from Leica service parts (or at least you used to be able ).

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Could I ask ...how many shots are you getting on a fresh battery? On my M8 I get something between 200-300 so I often change the card and the battery after 200 captures. On the DMR I think I get about 200 ? which is a 4gb card . I learned the hard way though and change the battery at the first sign of a low charge. Ever problem I have had with the DMR has always been related to the battery.

I use the manual film advance and that gets me about 300 frames. I have 6 gigs of storage and two batteries and seem to run out of both about the same time.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I use the manual film advance and that gets me about 300 frames. I have 6 gigs of storage and two batteries and seem to run out of both about the same time.
Bill

Shooting RAW you get 100 images on a 2gb card. So you are getting 150 captures on a fully charged battery? I have always avoided touching the manual advance as I had heard it was easy to get the DMR and the body out of synch. I am getting about 150 captures per charge on my newer batteries.

This is definitely a weak spot in the DMR ...carrying 4 batteries to get 500 images ....and batteries cost $150-175 each . Verse one $75 Nikon battery .

But I still think the IQ is tops and its more than just the glass...the DMR produces great files.

BH now has the batteries as special order so I guess there isn t any real shortage.....yet.

Bill

Shooting RAW you get 100 images on a 2gb card. So you are getting 150 captures on a fully charged battery?
Yeah, that sounds about right. So far I have been able to get through a day of shooting and seem to run out of cards before I run out of batteries (but it is pretty close). The DMR doesn't get anywhere near the shots/battery that I got with my Canons, but I don't shoot as many frames either.

paulmoore

I keep the screen on dim and don't spend to much time viewing while shooting I think this helps me shoot longer.. I know it is a little weird but I get so much pleasure from seating in a fresh battery..just slides and fits so well..nevermind!