The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Skiing Galleries posted

jonoslack

Hi There
I've finally got it together to do the galleries from our recent skiing trip. It wasn't meant to be a photographic jaunt, so these are just a by-product, still, I think some have come out okay.

There are two galleries:

General Shots

Some of these were taken with the Sony A900

La Rosiere Panoramas

Each of these is in black and white and colour - they were all hand held with the 28 'cron

stevem8

You are a master Jono. For a trip that was not meant to be for photos, you sure made it look like it was! Your B&W images always amaze me and those times when you get those amazing skies..wow. Nice shots and gallery.

jonoslack

You are a master Jono. For a trip that was not meant to be for photos, you sure made it look like it was! Your B&W images always amaze me and those times when you get those amazing skies..wow. Nice shots and gallery.
HI Steve
Thanks for that - the skies at that altitude are pretty dark anyway . . . I made a pretty bad mistake on the first sunny day with a lack of sunblock :-( (my nose is still looking a little flakey!).

jonoslack

I love the alpenglow (7) and especially like #18. All beautiful. DR
Hi DR Thanks for that.
Nothing quite like the last light - we were lucky, you could see both the sunset and the sunrise from our bedroom window - in fact, you could lie in bed and watch the sun rise over Les Arcs - very pretty.

Shot 18 is of Mt Pourri, just behind Les Arcs.

jonoslack

Thanks Jorgen

There is a little tale behind that shot:

http://www.slack.co.uk/newsite/2009/otherplaces/LaRosiere09/pictures/picture-16.jpg
the haze on the edge of the bank of snow is the wind, whipping the loose snow off the top - I've no idea what the wind chill factor was, but I do know it was damned cold.

We had just stopped at the French / Italian border for a hot chocolate and a glass of much needed Grappa (the hot chocolate is basically just melted chocolate, and it's too rich without a little something to take off the edge ;)