The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official Leica Press Releases PMA 2008

jonoslack

Frankly, the above fits with Leica's historical philosophy: Non-obsolescence of any M camera; they've never cared in the past who the original purchaser was, only who was paying for the work ;)
. . and I'm sure they won't now - as long as they're making a profit from the updates, then why would they limit it . . . and if they aren't making a profit . . . why would they do it!

I think it's a great idea, and if the updates seem expensive, then the 2 year warranty makes it quite a good idea.

I'm planning to do one body (for quiet low light) and save the other for bright light where 8000 may be useful.

H

Huwge

Jono - I think that is the option I follow, I just can't make my mind up as to whether to buy my 2nd body now or wait until a "new" one becomes available.

It would really help if we could get some indication on the price separation between old-new and new-new. Given the problems some people have had I am reluctant to buy 2nd hand, preferring the security of the warranty included with nwe and refurb models.

As is, the shopping list includes a new printer (probably Epson 2400) and I guess I will have to bite the bullet and find a 28 'cron, if only to see whether it is worth the rave reviews. I love my 24 and the my 35 lux has the speed but sometimes it is not possible to use the foot zoom to get the right framing.

Huw

D

Digital Dude

...I love my 24 and the my 35 lux has the speed but sometimes it is not possible to use the foot zoom to get the right framing.

Huw
Sorry, I'm still rather new so what is a "foot zoom"?
Regards,

hdrmd

I think the foot zoom is much like Robert Capa's admonition: " If your photos are not strong enough, move closer." DR

Daniel

Walking forward or backward to change framing.
"foot zoom" new to me!

i pictured holding the camera steady while using one of my foot to adjust the lens, or something like this.

EDIT: so i've been foot zooming forever and never knew it!