The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCHITECTURE & WIDE ANGLE LENSES

Lloyd

Helen,

Have you ever had any trouble from security personnel while photographing buildings in NY? I have in San Francisco, and I understand others have elsewhere.

--Lloyd

Last edited:

helenhill

Helen,

Have you ever had any trouble from security personnel while photographing buildings in NY? I have in San Francisco, and I understand others have elsewhere.

--Lloyd
Oh hello Lloyd
I have actually had no problems with shooting Buildings
Mind You , I have not done Government buildings and the NY Stock Exchange on weekends ( when its Closed).

I have a Great Way with talking my way In & Out of Situations
and that Feminine Mystique called Charm works Wonders
with the occasional touch of ones hand on someones Shoulder....:eek::ROTFL:

have had a few run ins with shooting People on the Street
but luckily resolved those scenarios with a :) & Good Cheer.

Best- H

scott kirkpatrick

Santiago Calatrava designs bridges with a characteristic structure that resembles a harp, and naturally the City of David would like to have one. But we have no rivers to cross. So our city fathers decided to engage Mr. Calatrava to do a bridge to carry pedestrians and a future light rail system across the main road entrance to the city. This makes for a rather accessible and human scale environment covering several blocks, but visible from many points in the new city. Even as the construction was begun, the eventual stringed structure was simulated with a bizarre combination of a temporary crane and strings of Christmas lights:

which were soon replaced by the real thing:

The mingling of old and new Jerusalem is of course a little jarring

The whole gallery is here .

scott

helenhill

That LAST shot Scott is SUPERB...Great Composition!!!!!
the Curve amidst the Power Lines & Buildings...:cool:
Cheers-H

Lloyd

Santiago Calatrava designs bridges with a characteristic structure that resembles a harp, and naturally the City of David would like to have one. But we have no rivers to cross. So our city fathers decided to engage Mr. Calatrava to do a bridge to carry pedestrians and a future light rail system across the main road entrance to the city. This makes for a rather accessible and human scale environment covering several blocks, but visible from many points in the new city. Even as the construction was begun, the eventual stringed structure was simulated with a bizarre combination of a temporary crane and strings of Christmas lights:

which were soon replaced by the real thing:

The mingling of old and new Jerusalem is of course a little jarring

The whole gallery is here .

scott
Amazing stuff. I really enjoyed the "full gallery"... wonderful work.

scott kirkpatrick

That LAST shot Scott is SUPERB...Great Composition!!!!!
the Curve amidst the Power Lines & Buildings...:cool:
Cheers-H
I think you have to credit Calatrava for figuring out how to snake this bridge through the blocky stone (and concrete) buildings. The "Power Lines" are kind of magical, but they only hold up the bridge, from one side, as the other floats free.

scott

scott kirkpatrick

The bridge is even visible from Liftah, a ruined village deep in a ravine below the city's entrance, but you need to wait for afternoon light to get this view:

scott

Scargos2

Using a CV15 with out a veiw finder just center the lens and shoot. - Frank Lloyd Wright home in Buffalo,NY

Scargos2

Lloyd, How can I get my picture larger ?, like some of the members.
I use Jpeg 1200x1200 and get this small picture on a post

Arjuna

Rick - it is actually better that way: it is smaller, so it doesn't use up bandwidth while the whole page is loading, and if we like it, when we click on it, we get the full-size version: win-win!