The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCHITECTURE & WIDE ANGLE LENSES

gero

Loyd, It is definitely a b&w type of picture and the grain also helps to soften it.

For me it makes it more abstract and still the positive-neg tension between the two shapes is very strong.

helenhill

Lloyd's shot is OUTSTANDING....
I prefer it w/ the blue tones
as David E mentioned
the reflection in the Curve of the Building is Spectacular !!!!

Hacker

Lovely shots everyone! It is always interesting to see how spoiled we M users are with wide angle lenses. Rangefinders really are just so much better on this front -- the lack of distortion, while still keeping sharpness and a nice look. They just tend to have more character than most SLR wide angles I have seen (and I am even including Leica R in that...I think my Zeiss 18mm and 25mm are much nicer than the Leica 19mm I have for the R).
Here is one with Zeiss 25mm...not really architecture, but it keeps lines straight!
The lighting captured is simply incredible! :salute:

Lloyd

Lloyd's shot is OUTSTANDING....
I prefer it w/ the blue tones
as David E mentioned
the reflection in the Curve of the Building is Spectacular !!!!
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your appreciation.

(Helen, that color version is pretty much straight out of the camera. The blue is a nice (in this case) side effect of not using a coded or UV/IR filtered 15 superwide. Serendipity at work.)

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Hacker! That diner is a great place to photograph...

Gero -- those series are fantastic. I particularly like the second set. The first and second shots are so dynamic. Are you photographing these from the hip? Otherwise you must be lying on the ground all the time!?

gero

I have an idea:

Why don't we all shoot in the streets with wa (preferebly extreem wa) AND FILM this weekend?

I screem, you screem, we all SCREEM ...

Last edited:

gero

thanks Loyd & Stuart.

In most of the trip I had the camera in the strap to the neck and a lot of the pictures I took without looking through the viewfinder. The strap doesn't go to the waste so in some shots I had to bend my knees; in others like in the subway I was seating and one of those shots was even taken by my kids (that are growing fast). Sometimes I just had the camera in my hand instead of in the neck; I don't think I lyed in the ground at all.

Last edited:

gero

I have not tried film in about 4 years and i know that I will be shooting with it much more now. :eek:

Here are two images with film and 15mm of some "natural architecture" of Yucatan.