The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCHITECTURE & WIDE ANGLE LENSES

Lloyd

d'orsay, paris
M8, wate at 21mm before IR filter, so left b/w
Wow, that's just a beautiful image. The framing and composition are outstanding, and the people, together with the overall scale, almost give this the look of an architectural mock up or model. Nice!!:salute:

viablex1

man no kidding, that second one is very well done, an M2 huh, darn you leica users, makes me want to try one of those older cameras!!!

helenhill

WOW JIm .....LOVE IT
the Parthenon Paris is ASTOUNDING :clap:

Is that 'The Hotel' and did YOU Stay There ?

Best-H

jlm

Workshop Member
in the crypts of the Parthenon, a hotel of sorts, long term stay. the Parthenon is a museum not far from the Sorbonne; the cellar houses the tombs of many historical characters

Last edited:

helenhill

hehehe BEAUTIFUL & ATMOSPHERIC Jim
It just occurred to me I was thinking of the Plaza Athenee in Paris.....

heres another NYC view and one with the Men in Blue :)....M2 / SA 21

Stuart Richardson

Lovely shots everyone! It is always interesting to see how spoiled we M users are with wide angle lenses. Rangefinders really are just so much better on this front -- the lack of distortion, while still keeping sharpness and a nice look. They just tend to have more character than most SLR wide angles I have seen (and I am even including Leica R in that...I think my Zeiss 18mm and 25mm are much nicer than the Leica 19mm I have for the R).
Here is one with Zeiss 25mm...not really architecture, but it keeps lines straight!

woodyspedden

Lovely shots everyone! It is always interesting to see how spoiled we M users are with wide angle lenses. Rangefinders really are just so much better on this front -- the lack of distortion, while still keeping sharpness and a nice look. They just tend to have more character than most SLR wide angles I have seen (and I am even including Leica R in that...I think my Zeiss 18mm and 25mm are much nicer than the Leica 19mm I have for the R).
Here is one with Zeiss 25mm...not really architecture, but it keeps lines straight!
Stuart

You need to try the Leica 15 Elmarit. It just doesn't get better than this!

Woody

gero

here is what we do to rectangular, simetrical, straight, & large things that we make to use.

Helen, this is with the 21 sa 3.4 with the M8 :D

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Thanks, and for a change of pace, using my Zeiss 21/2.8 (effective 28mm, a useful street focal length) here's getting close to a group of people while still seeing what is going on in and around them. On the beach near Taba, border between Israel and Egypt on the Red Sea:

scott