The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 24 1,4

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'm thinking about buying the new 24 1,4 lens in a couple of weeks. Its a little pricey though, anyone have any experience with it? I will sell my 28 cron to do this if anybody needs one.

Riccis

Mike - The 24 is a fantastic lens in either film or digital... Small, easy to use/handle and sharp... Have fun!

S

sclamb

Mike - The 24 is a fantastic lens in either film or digital... Small, easy to use/handle and sharp... Have fun!
Is it smaller than the 21/1.4? I ask as that is one BIG chunk of glass.

Simon

dseelig

I bought it and sold my 28 cron no regrets at all. I will have photos up later great color oof areas are wonhderful and it is sharp wide open and though big not too big, but I shoot prosports which means a 400 2.8 . I am very happy.
David

ElvisKennedy

I tried to contact you via your website but couldn't get in.

I'm looking for a 28 cron. Contact me directly at elviskennedy at gmail dot com.

Thanks.

E

EdJC

Hi Folks!

Got the 21mm f/1.4 - it's FANTASTIC! yes - it's a big chunk of glass, but it balances well. The 24 felt about the same, but one series size down in filter diameter. Not that big a deal.

I had a choice; my dealer had two 24 1.4's and the 21, and I love the 21 angle of view on film (so I hope this works as well on film M's :) - and someday I hope there will be a FF M9.

BTW - Got the 18mm Super Elmar same Day, but waiting for the 'Milich Copied' IR Cut filter. Now THAT piece of glass is a great size, speed - and ergonomics are perfect. Hope it, too, does well on film! But the 18 mm finder at $600.00 - well I will have to use my 'FrankenFinder' or my 21 and 24 on the M8's, and use some alternative (even the Zeiss is cheaper) on the MP's and M7's.

I think they will be great landscape lenses - both!

Best
Ed