The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LTM adapter for CV15

fotoism

I have 3 LTM adapters for my CV15 to go on the M8 - one is a Leitz, one is a Voigtlander, and one is from heavystar, but none of them allow me to line up the dot on the lens at 12 o'clock. The closest I can get is between 11 and 12 o'clock. Aside from the odd look I don't know if the off-centered built-in lens-hood would affect the pictures.

Is there any adjustment ( on the adapter or the lens mount ) to correct this?

jlm

Workshop Member
the mis-alignment is harmless. it comes from the machining tolerance of the start of the threads of the adapters and the lenses. the critical dimension is the flange thickness and that is usually held tightly

fotoism

the mis-alignment is harmless. it comes from the machining tolerance of the start of the threads of the adapters and the lenses. the critical dimension is the flange thickness and that is usually held tightly
Thanks!

Scargos2

Have you put the IR/filter on your cv15 . It is very simple. Reverse the filter, so the threads are facing out. as not to touch the glass. Cut a thin piece of velcro about 1/4 to 1/5 in long rap it inside hood and push filter in. It should wedge in perfect and not fall out

My tip of the day.