The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 at the Miami Metrozoo

etrigan63

As I have two children (ages 10 & 7) our weekend social calendar is usually filled with birthdays. This weekend we attended one at the Miami Metrozoo. One of the other Dads was there with his Canon 5D + 500mm lens and I with my M8 + 75mm Color-Heliar. Here is a sample and a link to the photo set on Flickr.

C&C always welcome.

Shots are generally uncropped ( a couple were cropped a tiny bit to remove extraneous stuff ) and little or no post processing Lightroom. I am really digging the improvements from the new firmware.

All of the shots were from a moving tram BTW.

Link to photo set.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice Pachyderm!

Shooting from a moving tram can't have been easy with a rangefinder. Well done.

In honor of large mammals everywhere, I offer this sleeping Rhino who lives at the San Antonio zoo.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice zoo shots. I just took this one at the Phoenix zoo with my Canon. Bornean Orangutans--Bess (Mother) and Kasih (2 year old female).

etrigan63

Nice Pachyderm!

Shooting from a moving tram can't have been easy with a rangefinder. Well done.
Well you know the old saying: "F/8 and be there."

Following the theme of large mammals here is the African Elephant:

and an Indain Gaur (juvenile bull)