The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
A few random shots from inside Arches National Park.

The last one (taken from the "LaSalle Mountain Viewpoint turnoff) is a 3-image stitch that totals about 40 Megapixels.

Mike

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
But I was thinking, for next year if I do slide of the edge and plummet down I will send a signal:
- wave my arm over my head one time - does not mean I am ok, just means throw the tripod down because I have a good angle
- wave my arm over my head two times - throw down a spare battery :)
- wave both my arms over my head - tell the freeking rescue copters to back off for a minute because they are in my frame!!!
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Excellent. I'm going to have to remember this one just in case!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Some shots from the Colorado River, which runs through Moab.

The last one was taken on Saturday morning, on my way to the airport.

The 2nd and 3rd shots are pano-stitch shots, and are over 100 MP in size.

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Best I could do here on Turret rock . The sun never hit the face but did catch some in the background rocks . Cold morning

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Interestingly a guess several minutes later when the sun popped a touch more i shot the 28 cron from the same spot and i know i moved to shoot other things. Weird

Terry

:eek: Second body!!!

:angry::cussing::angry: Off to work I go... Gotta afford that FIRST body! :grin:
Preparing for this trip I never even thought about a second body. I haven't done a lot of landscape work with light that is changing very quickly and it didn't take long (what do you think guys - 15 minutes into the first shoot) to wish I could have a wide and a long lens at the same time. One body or two, my first order of business this weekend is to make 3 back to back rear lens cap assemblies (there is an old thread on camera bags with details -posted by Jack). The back to back lens storage makes lens changes easier and frankly cuts down on the risk of dropping something that doesn't bounce off the frozen or even hard ground so well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We were teasing Terry at the beginning of the workshop, informing her she'd want a second body before the end of the workshop. She of course replied, "No way!" However, methinks her position has softened a wee bit on that now :D

Seriously, when the light is happening and changing rapidly, AND you are in such a "target-rich" environment, having more than one focal at the ready is not at all a bad idea...

Heck, there was one morning when I wished I had a 3rd body! LOLOLOLOLOL

Terry

one of the early morning IR images (M8 and 50mm preasph)

If I am correct I think it worth noting this on Jim's shot.....
I believe that this IR shot is different than what you have seen from others of us where we got our color IR from merging files. If I remember correctly this is from the camera where it was a long exposure well before sunrise. With this technique, and the right filter, these are the colors that you can get. If I am wrong, Jack or Guy please delete!

Terry

A few random shots from inside Arches National Park.

The last one (taken from the "LaSalle Mountain Viewpoint turnoff) is a 3-image stitch that totals about 40 Megapixels.

Mike
Mike,
I love where you went to shoot the Three Gossips. I was excited to shoot there the last morning but I am not happy with the shots I ended up getting. You have a lot of shots where I like where you hiked to!