The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Oh well off to the showers the beard did not pass the family. Shave it off and look young again was the comment. At 51 how the hell do you look young again without a surgical knife.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

JimCollum

Oh well off to the showers the beard did not pass the family. Shave it off and look young again was the comment. At 51 how the hell do you look young again without a surgical knife.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

... and i haven't posted the link to the 33Mp head shot yet

(on the good side, it was taken with the Planar110mm wide oen)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I think robsteve has a point about the strange magic and rich colors that can be seen in many images from the DMR. I mean in general.

There is something special with DMR images that I have never ever seen with any other camera within any format. I believe Kurt also mentioned something about it at an early stage of this thread. Maybe some spookey synergy between the Imacon processor and the Leica optics, or the bit depth, well I dunno ?

It would indeed be interesting to see some attempts of more controlled comparisons between DMR and M8 by some of those who own both. I only have the M8 and have never had the DMR, but I have always wondered what the secret was. I do like the M8 images too, but I don't think they are identical with the DMR images.

Guy Mancuso

Just tried C1 4.01 and man does it lay down some sharpening at default , really need to turn sharpening off in this program but otherwise very clean

Guy Mancuso

And just for the sake of arguement C1 did a completely different job on this image than LR and that missing detail is right there. Pretty interesting

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jim: First tone is Guy, second one is the waiter's at the Mexican restaurant :)

Guy: The big difference I see is C1 is significantly more yellow at standard settings... It also over-sharpens, so you need to be careful if you are working up prints form it as you can get artifacts.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Are there any resources available to actually learn C1. I haven't found any books on it.
Come to a workshop :ROTFL:

Seriously Terry, apply what you learned on LR to C1 and you will get there. Biggest difference is you'll need to learn a bit more about curves to get the tonality tweaked; since C1 doesn't have the highlight-recovery and fill sliders, you need to do it in curves... Pushing the curve up in the lower quarter tone area is similar to fill while pulling it down in the upper quarter tone is similar to recovery. Black is similar to sliding the lower left point to the right.