The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Terry - I have not seen any books on C1. There used to be a short tutorial on the Phase One site, not sure if it is still there. The Help Menu in v4 is much improved and someone who never used the program may actually be able to figure it out from there (this was not the case with previous versions).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Terry next time your in town or at Carmel , I will give you a C1 lesson. Not much different than LR just have to work differently. It's missing some key parts of LR which i like more.

Guy Mancuso

Geez talk about being diverse just went from shooting rocks to shooting Prince Andrew, yea that one. LOL

cmb_

Jack - shot with the 80 LUX at f/6.8. This is a crop in about the center of the image (about 1/9 of the total image area). Very neat effect with the lighting - it really pops. (BTW, a lot of bad compositional elements going on in this one but I think it works ok. I was listening to you Guy but need to be a rebel every once in a while)

woodyspedden

Come to a workshop :ROTFL:

Seriously Terry, apply what you learned on LR to C1 and you will get there. Biggest difference is you'll need to learn a bit more about curves to get the tonality tweaked; since C1 doesn't have the highlight-recovery and fill sliders, you need to do it in curves... Pushing the curve up in the lower quarter tone area is similar to fill while pulling it down in the upper quarter tone is similar to recovery. Black is similar to sliding the lower left point to the right.
Jack

You are correct that C1 3.7.8 has no highlight or shadow recovery but C1 4.0.1 does and it works very well. However C1 has no fill slider so you will have to do curve tweaking to get this one right.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Reason I like LR, Woody.

Damn the CV 12mm is just a freaking gem of a lens for this stuff. What a bargain, maybe Leica will wake up and take my request for a super wide and build the damn thing.

cmb_

Just playing around here. Jack did a Pano demo on the workshop and I shot off two series to try. First is with the 80mm and six horizontal frames stitched. 14,246 x 2,394 px (at 360 on my Epson that would give me about 39.5 x 6.65 in). Just did these very quick in the field to try the technique.

Second one I shot 17 frames (2 rows of 8, roughly) this time with the 180mm. Final after crop is 19,912 x 3591 px or about 55in. I think I forgot to focus on this one or it is just too far back.

I'll have to give it another try. I did a couple of macro panos before so maybe I will have to dig those up again.