The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 protector case and marking covering

S

sclamb

I have my M8.2 in a Leica protector case. My case is this one:

However, the picture of the case on the Leica site looks like this:

I heard that the design was changed due to the case marking the covering on the camera. Can anyone tell me if I have the older version or newer, revised version of the case? If I have the older version I want to swap it out before I do any damage to the covering.

Thanks.

Simon

S

sclamb

I just had a call back from Leica. My case (with the press studs at the side and slightly towards the rear is the latest case design, and the picture on the website (with the press studs at the front) is the older and original design.

Simon

S

sclamb

Your case looks like it could be rubbing on the viewfinder housing (lower right corner).

John, it does look like it rubs but it actually just touches the edge and shouldn't be a problem (I hope :( ).

Simon