The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christian Erhardt promoted to VP

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Just saw a news release that indicated that Christian has been promoted to the VP level.at Leica USA. Many of the forum members know Christian well and some of us went on the Leica Academy trip with him.

The news brief said he will head up the S2 launch this summer in the US and that he was planning on starting a US based Leica Academy.

I know some of you will want to send congratulations to Christian if you didn t already know.

Roger

Last edited:

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Just saw a news release that indicated that Christian has been promoted to the VP level. Many of the forum members know Christian well and some of us went on the Leica Academy trip with him.

The news brief said he will head up the S2 launch this summer in the US and that he was planning on starting a US based Leica Academy.

I know some of you will want to send congratulations to Christian if you didn t already know.

Roger
I saw Christian over the weekend at the LHSA Spring Shoot in Memphis and congratulated him over a few beers.

For those that know Christian, he has really earned this promotion. Last year he took over Service in NJ to improve turnaround times and organize the M8 upgrades. Now, he is busy putting together the S2 launch in the US. All the while, handling marketing and public relations for the entire US.

He also told me a bit about the Leica Academy in NYC. Sounds interesting with local day workshops, but no week-long destination trips like the German Academy....yet.

David

Hey Roger, Christian was at the LHSA spring shoot in Memphis last weekend and it was a great time. I am happy that Christian got the promotion. He is a good guy.

Christian brought along demo Leica cameras and lenses for people to try out - like the Leica Academy Germany trip just on a smaller scale. I got to spend a day with a M8.2 and 21 Lux. Christian knows what he is doing because the last time he loaned me equipment I went out and bought most of it after the trip. The 21 Lux is a very impressive lens. I wished I had the time to try a 24 Lux as well. For now, I am resisting the urge.

Mark