The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New website up - lot of M images!

vieri

Hello guys,

sorry for the long disappearance from the forum, I have been very busy with a zillion thing, one of these being a too long due update of my website. Well, the work is now done: you can check the result quite a few sleepless nights here:

Vieri Bottazzini Photographer

A lot of the material in it has been shot with film Ms: most of the reportage section, and a few pics here and there in the other sections as well. Well, there is also some M8 shots in it - before I gave up to the Digital M thingy and went back to all film M... :D

Of course, all comments are very much appreciated, both on the contents and on the site itself - I did test it as thoroughly as I could, but a few sets of fresh eyes would be very much appreciated!

L

luxferous

Hi Vieri,

Nice stuff, though I like your reportage/street photography ones better, there's more feeling to it, imho.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Vieri

I especially enjoy your street shooting. One observation that may help you......shoot more of these in the horizontal (2x3) format. In most websites (yours included) vertical shots get displayed (3x2) but actually you are at (2x1.5). Many of your images could provide additional context and would show larger (better) on your website.

I would also suggest getting a lower angle to see the image from the viewpoint of the subject.

Just a few ideas to improve some excellent work.

Roger

vieri

Hi Vieri,

Nice stuff, though I like your reportage/street photography ones better, there's more feeling to it, imho.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric
Nice work, beautiful website although not always fully visible in my browser (i.e.)
Inspiring.

Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful website, and really beautiful BW shots...Bookmarked !
Vieri

I especially enjoy your street shooting. One observation that may help you......shoot more of these in the horizontal (2x3) format. In most websites (yours included) vertical shots get displayed (3x2) but actually you are at (2x1.5). Many of your images could provide additional context and would show larger (better) on your website.

I would also suggest getting a lower angle to see the image from the viewpoint of the subject.

Just a few ideas to improve some excellent work.

Roger
Thank you very much everyone for viewing and for the nice words about my work; about all your suggestions and bugs, I will check them out and/or think about it. Thanks again very much! :D

tbarker13

Lots of nice images in there.
One suggestion: In some areas, there are too many examples of essentially the same photo. In the "Prisoners" section, for example, 10 of the 14 photos are of hands sticking out of cages. After the third or fourth one, it starts to seem a bit repetitive.
I'd suggest taking another pass at editing these down to a more select group of images that you are most proud of.
Again, though, some interesting stuff in there.

endre novak

remarkable site. especially like your b/w portraits and the thematic wall section.
street shots os yours are classic, too.
complimenti,-