The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The APO 180 has Landed...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I not sure where this goes, here, Canon or Analog but I'll put it here where all things Leica are admired.

Here is my new/old super clean APO 180/3.4 E60 2 Cam. Plan to use it on the FF Canon bodies and a Leicaflex SLR2 I pick up tomorrow. I've all ready been to Austin and back today. Won't have any Canon images till late next week. The post office was closed last week for May Day in Hong Kong. Should have some C41 film images up by Monday or Tuesday in the Analog forum.

johnastovall

E60 and 2-cam? Are you certain?
Good questions, Doug. The stores description was 2 cam but after looking at this Photoethnography it appears to be a 3 Cam.

Actual base:

View attachment 15762

Now the filter is an open question. The serial number is 3127xxx. Going to have to do more research or depend on the kindness of strangers.

I'm off to pickup the Leicaflex SL2 I got to go with it.

vieri

Hello John, first of all congrats for the new addition to your lens lineup :D as far as I know, after 2947024 they should be E60. Isn't there any mark on the actual lens that can solve the mystery for you?

Seascape

Congratulations John, I have one around the same serial number, it is a superb lens......and a bargain at today's prices.

I have visited the Midland plant where these were made and was told that the resolution at the optimum f stop is around 300 LP/MM. The lens was designed for use with special high resolution films to exploit the lens's performance......for it's designed application, infinity focus.

It is safe to say the lens will out perform any consumer film or sensor.

johnastovall

The rest of the goods. If I had know how good a Leicaflex was I would have gotten one years ago. The brightest finder I've seen, amazingly quiet mirror and far smaller and lighter than I had expected. I can see where there are some more R in the future. Shot some C41 color coming home. Now I've got to find some fine grain film to do it justice. Oh, also got a lovely IIIF from the former owner for a trade item that only cost me 175 dollars. So today, I got an SL2, 50mm R 'Cron and IIIF for no cash out of my pocket and for things I had no use for.