The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thank You Jack and Guy

Terry

Well our workshop has come to an end and I want to give Jack and Guy a big THANK YOU and a round of applause for making it great.

What an amazing time. As you can see from the pictures thread we got in lots of shooting. Our hosts timed it perfectly for snow (and cooooold)! What you can't see is the help on composition, technique and editing that all go along with workshop.

What a warm and friendly group of participants. We got in some good laughs even on 3.2 beer!

Finally, thank you :rolleyes: Leica (Linda and Jim) for letting us try out lots of Leica goodies to temp us and test our ability to keep credit cards hidden away.

Terry

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I second that!

Jack and Guy put out a tremendous amount of energy to make this trip successful and their knowledge and preparation really made this photographic journey truly unique, rich, and educational. All the instructors were generous in giving their time and sharing their creative ideas and technical skills. It was a pleasure to be with them and share in their enthusiasm.

A big thanks to Linda and Jim from Leica, two people that are passionate about photography and care about their customers. Bravo to Leica for for Linda and Jim! (They also provided us with a bag of "goodies" which was sweet)

A special thanks to all the participants from whom I also learned so much and especially Terry who was a wonderful travel and shooting companion.

Jack - you never told us it would be THIS GOOD!!!!!

C

Chris Herbert

What a fantastic week! Since I was planning to drive up from Phoenix, the idea of a big storm was always on my mind... for the entirely wrong reasons! Yes, I did get stuck an hour south of Moab when they closed the road Sunday afternoon... but I was into Moab in time to see one of the most amazing landscapes on earth at its most magical. By the way, on my drive home Saturday afternoon, the snow from that big storm was still quite evident much of my way through southern Utah and northern Arizona.

And what better guides and friends to share all this with than Guy and Jack and all the other workshop participants... including Linda and Jim from Leica. I learned a lot, and I learned that I don't know a lot... yet. But what wonderful skills to practice until we all can meet up again.

Thanks everyone! Big thanks to Jack and Guy for putting it together and for giving it 120% every day (which wasn't all that easy after "Utah's best green chili" for breakfast at the Moab Diner several mornings!). Thanks to Jim and Mike for their instructional help (and to Mike for the crab legs eating contest Friday night... you won, but I bet I felt better first thing Saturday!). Thanks to Linda and Jim for the many insider insights from Leica and the chance to see and use so much fine equipment. And last but certainly not least, hugs and kisses (or whatever might be appropriate) to Terry, Bob, Charlie, John M. (times 2), and Mike S. for all the fun shooting and learning together every day.

Can't wait until we can do it again!

Chris

P.S.
Mid-70s today in Phoenix... after some of those mornings and late afternoons shooting in the cold, it was nice to be home. Other than that, this week is going to be VERY ANTI-CLIMACTIC!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
All I can say is Thank You all. You simply just don't know what these kinds of comments truly mean to Jack and I. You folks are our driving force.

jlm

Workshop Member
add my thanks, great time with everyone.

knee jerk reaction in NY woke up at 5am, 9 degrees outside...would love to find that green chili/potato, bacon egg surprise waiting for me.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow, what a GREAT workshop! First off, I send huge thank you's back to each participant --- you were all great and made the teaching experience a huge bunch of fun!

Also, special thanks to our assistants who did a super job during their modules, Jim Collum (IR) and Mike Hatam (Lightroom). From the feedback I received, both of you hit huge home-runs!

Finally, another BIG thank you to Linda and Jim (our onsite Leica reps) for providing such super support with industry insights AND loaner equipment --- though I really wish you had NOT brought that pair of Geovid binoculars! (WOW!)

I am downloading my own images now (about 1000 total), seeing them for the first time on my big (properly profiled!) monitor, and I am stunned by how many killer images I got! All in all, a phenomenal trip made a wonderful lifetime memory by everyone there --- thank you all again!

Jack

PS: Was 43 degrees and clear when I left my house this morning, t-shirt weather compared to what we dealt with all last week!

Best,