The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

just wondering how long does repair take

endre novak

Got a brand new M8 mid-March. In a short 2 weeks time had to leave it with local Leica "Point" for service, had sort of vertical line syndrom. OK.(the line was present from the first frame, as I realised. that implies the piece was faulty off the shelf). The camera went to Solms, where else.
In 2 weeks time got a service report that the unit is not faulty but if I send some pictures taken with it, they will look into it..... I did so.
Never heard from Leica ever since. Is this the normal way?
Thanks for any input.

Endre

ecliffordsmith

Hi Endre,

Have you tried the online form to track repairs?

I would also suggest emailing M8 support. I have found them to be extremely helpful when my camera has been at Solms.

endre novak

Hi Endre,

Have you tried the online form to track repairs?

I would also suggest emailing M8 support. I have found them to be extremely helpful when my camera has been at Solms.
I had my camera for such a short time, I did not even register it. Does tracking works in this case?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Endre

ecliffordsmith

Hi Endre,

If the shipment is in process you should be able to get the mail reference of the mail company and also see where it is in their system.

Good luck!

endre novak

Leica repair tracking Status request - service order
repair order 548...
Date State
08.04.2009 Service order registered on
09.04.2009 Oder confirmation sent
09.04.2009 In repair
28.04.2009 Repair completed
13.05.2009 Shipment in process.

seems, they are rally taking their time, just cant imagine what is going on since 28.04.....

robsteve

Subscriber
The shipping takes a while because the camera is handed off to a shipping department that has to deal with the customs paper work before shipping. From my experience this can take a few days or more. I even got the impression that the shipping department may have been off site or in another building or even may be a subcontractor.

Robert

endre novak

The shipping takes a while because the camera is handed off to a shipping department that has to deal with the customs paper work before shipping. From my experience this can take a few days or more. I even got the impression that the shipping department may have been off site or in another building or even may be a subcontractor.

Robert
price has been paid, not urgent for anybody from that point on.
local service told me today that i did not ask for express delivery....
was never informed there was one available... in fact, they were even hesitant to take on the job at all.
the communication is more upsetting that the fault itself, which is not a joke either.
cheers,-

j. white

I've heard it said of repair times, "Take the limit of your patience and add two weeks."

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. A repair on a Tri-Elmar lens of mine once took seven months to complete. Believe me, I hear you!

-J.

endre novak

I've heard it said of repair times, "Take the limit of your patience and add two weeks."

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. A repair on a Tri-Elmar lens of mine once took seven months to complete. Believe me, I hear you!

-J.
unbelievable,- of course i do. in that case patience+ 6 months,-
this whole adventure into Leica-land starts to feel a bit sado-maso,- which is not my style and was certainly unknown coming from an other big brand of photography.