The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

Maggie O

Jaap, the WB is not surprisingly wonky, as there's about four different light sources involved, daylight, shadow, fluorescent and incandescent. I just went for the best skin tones and that meant that the whites looked a little weird, I guess. Tell you the truth, I didn't even notice anything.

My bad.

jonoslack

Nature and Noctilux.
This looks like nasty pollution, but it's iron coming out of the peat on the fen which creates these colours.

only levels adjustment and a very small crop.

jonoslack

A couple more with the Nocti - it's good for nature, but you certainly do need the fastest shutter speed if you want to shoot it wide open!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono, I got a three stop 60mm Heliopan Nuetral density filter for mine. It really adds flexibility.
Unfortunately, my Nocti is in Wisconsin visiting DAG.

jlm

Workshop Member
that carousel is great, terry, good one.

jono...at first i thought you were showing us a new leica sensor problem:D

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Jaap, the WB is not surprisingly wonky, as there's about four different light sources involved, daylight, shadow, fluorescent and incandescent. I just went for the best skin tones and that meant that the whites looked a little weird, I guess. Tell you the truth, I didn't even notice anything.

My bad.
Maggie, not you bad, a daily struggle for us all. WB is mainly subjective imo. Personally I would have gone for somewhat more yellowish and subdued, but as you say, mixed light is difficult. I wonder what the real experts would say. If you don't like me playing with your image, I'll delete it (or ask the mods to if I am too late)

Maggie O

I tried something like that, but rejected it because it loses the ruddiness of her skin and sort of washes out the contrast. But it's a valid choice and yours is well executed.

Mixed light is always a delight, eh? ;)

R

roberth

The Joker.
Out for a walk while my son played at a birthday party.

Terry

jaapv - I love the vulture. I've looked at it so many times tonight. The expression is sort of priceless.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Mike, LOVE the old jalopy and gas pump! Is that an old Dodge touring sedan?

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Thanks Jack. I'll go back and look but I didn't see any identifying markings initially. I pass by there a couple times a week and want to work it some more so I'll try to find out what it is...or was.