The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why I love Fedex.....

jonoslack

What just us Desert rats up at 5 am. LOL

Geez people get the hell up. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Lazy critters
I've been up for 7 hours (it's nearly time for a glass of wine!).

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I found the 21 tricky to use - the whole viewfinder didn't really do it justice, using an external viewfinder is a bother.

It's funny - I can easily visualise 15mm without a finder, but 21 is much more tricky - and of course, 24 is fine with the framelines anyway.
So, my 21 went, and I have a 25mm zeiss together with the WATE (which does very well at 21 anyway) I also have the CV15 for travelling light. I'd like the 12, but the filter situation seems problematic.

Unfortunately there isn't a 'perfect' set, and I have a dangerous tendency to buy new lenses and have parallel 'sets'! (very expensive)

D

Digital Dude

Well, I’ve heard of the CV15 comparison before so when it becomes more practical I’ll buy a finder and look to borrow a 21 for a day to see for myself. I mean really, I’m just a hobbyist and I’ve already spent 12k in all new Leica gear since November. Next up is a new clothes dryer; I know – how boring but it will be a German Miele.:eek:
Regards,

jonoslack

Well, I’ve heard of the CV15 comparison before so when it becomes more practical I’ll buy a finder and look to borrow a 21 for a day to see for myself. I mean really, I’m just a hobbyist and I’ve already spent 12k in all new Leica gear since November. Next up is a new clothes dryer; I know – how boring but it will be a German Miele.:eek:
Regards,
HI Daniel
I don't mean to put you off - it's certainly one of the best lenses out there. If you have a specific use for that focal length I think it's a must (mind you, both Zeiss and Voigtlander do nice 21's - especially if you don't need the f2.8).

Theoretically you don't need a finder with 21mm (just the whole of the viewfinder).
the CV15 if you don't have it is a no-brainer; cheap as chips and generally splendid.

Maggie O

The CV 21 Color Skopar has made some of my favorite photos and, dare I say, the CV 28mm finder looks badass on my M8.

Really, the DOF of the 21 is deep enough that using an external VF is no trouble at all.

Terry

The CV 21 Color Skopar has made some of my favorite photos and, dare I say, the CV 28mm finder looks badass on my M8.

Really, the DOF of the 21 is deep enough that using an external VF is no trouble at all.
Daniel,

I have a copy of the CV21 that I haven't yet put up for sale (bought Elmarit). I know it is a good copy because Sean Reid tested it. If you read his review, read the update adendum that was my lens. So, if you are looking for a low risk way into deciding if the focal length is right for you, send me a PM.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I thought I would resurrect this thread for a minute, because I am celebrating that I have come full circle. (This thread started because Terry was so happy to get her 50mm pre-ASPH lux.) I had a beautiful 50mm pre-ASPH when I got my M8. I got pulled into all the hub-bub and bought an ASPH. I sold my pre after while, even though I wasn't sure. I never really warmed to the ASPH, so I ordered a Noctilux and bought a used 50 cron as my everyday 50. Away went the ASPH. I got a CV 50 Nokton as part of a trade deal from someone who couldn't afford to make a deal unless I took the Nokton. I really liked the Nokton, but it has a lot more contrast. Off went the 50 cron to a friend in Japan.
I have been yearning after my pre for a long time. The person who bought my pre loved it, so I was out of luck there. Finally, he gave in last week and agreed to sell it back to me. His M8 is black, so we agreed to find him a black one. Well, yesterday the little white postal truck delivered my silver gem back to me. Sometimes you have the best and just don't know it. Now I know it, and I'm never selling it again.:clap:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had a beautiful 50mm pre-ASPH when I got my M8.

SNIP and I'm never selling it again.:clap:
You are very lucky it worked out :thumbs: The 50 Pre is the last Leica M lens I will sell, period, regardless of full-frame or crop sensor, film or digital...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It is crazy how sometimes you don't know when you have the good stuff. I believed all the hype. I am really lucky to get it back.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
There you go... Perfect example that one picture is worth a thousand words :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Who needs a Noctilux???:angel: I love the bokeh of the pre-asph lux.

My new Noctilux had a slight back-focus. Guy tried it on his bodies and it was barely off, but it bothered me. It is off to DAG to be perfected. I probably will sell it now that I have my Lux back.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Tim. The 50 pre-asph is a nice companion to the 28 cron.:clap: (Are we not good at egging each other on???):ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

I still love Fedex....today they brought me a second M8 body, lovingly cared for by Woody. Now I have to take some worthy pictures with it.....

More seriously, for those of you with two bodies do you do anything special on file numbering?