The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Time to bring this thread back to life. Great shots on this page. Here are a few of a guy that's been hanging around my yard lately. Last one a crop... Happy with the results from these handheld shots with the DMR and 100mm 2.8 macro.
David I bet nobody understands that the bug is over 2 ft long! Florida can be dangerous. :eek: roger

David K

Workshop Member
Kurt, thanks for the kind words. It really is all about the right tool for the right job. I'd seen this guy a week or so ago and, believe it or not he was mating at the time. I went into the house to get my camera and capture something I'd never seen before, but by the time I got back he was gone. This time it was all ready and set up for him but Mrs. G was nowhere to be seen :)

Bill, could not agree with you more. Wish Leica would have kept this series alive with an R10 but it doesn't detract from its capabilities. A bit light in the megapixel category by today's standards but what beautiful pixels they are.

Roger, miss you buddy... got nobody to have coffee with when you're gone.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
David

Hang in thru hurricane season! LOL ..back in sunny florida 11/1 . Should be a lot of action with the new Palm Beach Photographic facility. City kicked in a ton of $$$ and gave them a great location. New Leica store etc.

Roger

Bill, could not agree with you more. Wish Leica would have kept this series alive with an R10 but it doesn't detract from its capabilities. A bit light in the megapixel category by today's standards but what beautiful pixels they are.
I moved from the DMR to Sony for weight reduction more than anything else and to tell the truth, I'm not convinced the Sony's 25 MP captures anything that the Leica's 10 MP do not. However, the difference between 16-bit and 12-bit color is very noticeable.

Last edited:
J

jamesto

Dear All,

After all the talk about the new M9 and X1 recently, I thought I would post this picture of springtime in my hometown, Christchurch, New Zealand. I still love my DMR very much!

Best regards
JAMES

Last edited:

Nitnaros

Two portraits of one of my daughters during a stop at our local cafe.

DMR, R9, 90mm ASPH at f2.0
Processed in C1.

It is still a great portrait setup...

Peter

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
James - a little late but Welcome to DetDPI! Nice to see another DMR user.

Peter - you are right the DMR is a great portrait setup. Wonderful pose you caught in the second image, nice.

robsteve

Subscriber
I am getting ready to take a few days to shoot the fall colors and took the DMR out this morning to make sure it was still working well. This is my youngest son at the skate park. I used the 21-35mm here.

robsteve

Subscriber
Shooting a bit of the fall colours over the next few days. Here is one from today. Lots of rain, but it came out ok.

This was the DMR and 100mm APO.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Rob, very nice. Can't wait to see more as you shoot over the next days. I really like the DMR in rainy overcast light. It handles the color beautifully. It manages to pick up all the subtleties and renders with such richness, never flat in these type of conditions (I had similar light in posts 311/312 above). Nicely composed.

robsteve

Subscriber
I find the DMR just excells in shooting landscape. It seems to handle the extremes better than the M8; especially the highlights.

Robert

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Dear All,

After all the talk about the new M9 and X1 recently, I thought I would post this picture of springtime in my hometown, Christchurch, New Zealand. I still love my DMR very much!

Best regards
JAMES
Nice image really plays to the DMR s strength....you can see the detail just keep going. :thumbup:

robsteve

Subscriber
Here are some more from my fall trip. From the Economy area of the Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia. The Bay of Fundy area has some of the highest tides in the world. The area where these pictures were shot have over a fifty foot tide range, so these rocks would be well under water at high tide.

These areas were very dark and I found it hard to focus. When I saw the images on the preview, I was surprised with the vibrant colour. It reminded me of Antelope Canyon, in that your eyes didn't see much colour in the rock because of the dim light, but when you sow the images the rocks just glowed.

doug

Beautiful photos, Rob. I can imagine these pictures printed huge :)

Here's one from last weekend:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO

robsteve

Subscriber
A couple more from the beach. The waterfall close up is a stitch of about three images, the vertical about six images.

robsteve

Subscriber
Beautiful photos, Rob. I can imagine these pictures printed huge :)

Here's one from last weekend:

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO
Doug:

You didn't shoot that with your 60mm Macro :)

I need a printer now. Last year I meant to buy a large printer like a 3800, but put it off. I really don't enjoy inkjet printing. I had more fun making Ilfochromes/Ciabachromes.

Robert