The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

woodyspedden

Two portraits of one of my daughters during a stop at our local cafe.

DMR, R9, 90mm ASPH at f2.0
Processed in C1.

It is still a great portrait setup...

Peter
About the one and only real criticism I had of my R system (R9, DMR etc) was the overly yellowish character of the skin tones. (Much like the Nikon files IMHO). I still see it here and wonder what can be done to get consistent skin tones that are realistic. Love your work, just an observation about what is otherwise one of the truly great digital cameras made to date

Woody

woodyspedden

Robert

You and Doug Herr really represent the best of what can be done with this imager. Congratulations to both of you.

No need to get crazy about medium format when you can get these results with a much more lightweight and portable rig

Woody

robsteve

Subscriber
Another one from the beach. This one had some sunlight reflecting in from the left. I used the 19mm and stitched together about four images.

zonevt

Robert, nice set of photos from Nova Scotia....my grandmother lived there as a child and I would like to take a trip there some summer to look up family history and take some photos. Maybe with the "new Leica R solution" or an M9.....Tom.

doug

An injured Swainson's Hawk:

This hawk is nine years old and has been in the care of wildlife rehabilitators nearly all his life. He hatched in a nest that wildlife biologists had been monitoring, and on his first flight he crashed into the biologists' car, permanently injuring his right wing.

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Time to get a few recent ones in :) All taken with the VE 105-280, the Eagle with the Apo-extender 1.4x.

Nitnaros

Fall in New Jersey is spectacular, in my town in particular with lots of trees and art & craft-style houses built around 1912. Only 30 miles west from Manhatten.

R9/DMR, 35-lux, processed in C1 4.8.3 (which gives me the right colors!).

Best - Peter

Nitnaros

Hi Stewart,
That is exactly right;

Particularly since I went back to C1 for developing the DMR images - color just seems to come out more natural and skin tones more pleasing.

Best (to Iceland) - Peter