The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

gogopix

Subscriber
sometimes 2 and a half year old grandkids are harder than wildlife
Had to use the 105-280 here!

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Nice kid; and a great shot. It shows off the subtle drawing of the lens :)
Asolutely! Not to take away from the little one (but they are all cute, and I have a tonne of them :D) what impressed me here was how the 105/280 painted the image, esp the branches (don't tell my daughter, but it was the row of branches that I was most interested in.) The 105 does a marvelous job without totally distracting from the main subject.

I wish I knew what is was, but this lens, though not as sharp at 280 as the 280/4 has a special look that I like and others do too. I guess it is not worth speculating (but if anyone knows, please pipe in!)

Just sorry I waited 40 years for the lens

Victor

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Doug: Wonderful! The translucent ears from the light, the grass in the mouth, and the expression looking to see if everything is safe, nicely done.

Victor: Nice capture. I like the spirit of this photo.

dhsimmonds

The latest Flexcolor is 4.8.4, but I think the improvements may have come in 4.8.1 or 4.8.3.
Rob, I used to use Flexcolor about two years ago but found the interface a bit cumbersome. Having seen your shots, I thought I would try downloading the latest version which I see is now 4.8.5. Whilst accepting my registration and log in, it blows me out everytime that I try to download the software by saying that I am not authorised! There seems to be no way back to download an earlier version as it may be because the latest software needs 64 bit processing and I am using Windows XP? If so how do you get back to an earlier version?

robsteve

Subscriber
Rob, I used to use Flexcolor about two years ago but found the interface a bit cumbersome. Having seen your shots, I thought I would try downloading the latest version which I see is now 4.8.5. Whilst accepting my registration and log in, it blows me out everytime that I try to download the software by saying that I am not authorised! There seems to be no way back to download an earlier version as it may be because the latest software needs 64 bit processing and I am using Windows XP? If so how do you get back to an earlier version?
You may need to register again at the Hasselblad site. If that doesn't work perhaps somebody can send you a copy.

Robert

robsteve

Subscriber
From the GetDPI Carmel Workshop. McWay falls is on the Pacific Coast Highway a few miles past Big Sur. I think I used the 35-70mm for this one.

doug

From yesterday morning: the Acorn Woodpecker is best known for drilling holes (in trees, utility poles, barns, houses) for storing acorns but they have to do more mundane stuff too like drink water. This is an adult male who has dipped his bill into the pond (background) and is letting the water run down his throat.

cmb_

Doug, wonderful image as always and I appreciate the information you add in addition to the images to help further my understanding of the subjects you compose and capture.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Polluted soil makes this spot abandoned to nature, amidst one of the most industrial areas of the world.

Naturam expellas furca, tamen usque recurret

paulmoore

hello, this is my first post here on this forum -
I have also posted this on my blog today.
glad to be amoung dmr fans.. oops my jpg is too big.. sorry.
long island sound with dmr 90 AA

Last edited:

cmb_

Fantastic Paul. I remember seeing images of yours from St. Tropez, I believe, on another forum some time ago that were also from the DMR. Splendid and welcome!

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is one I just shot using the 400mm f6.8. It was shot with the DMR and 400iso. I cropped into it a bit.

robsteve

Subscriber
I was invited to watch a hockey game this evening. I shot this from our seats using the DMR and 180 APO Summicron and 1.4x extender.

woodyspedden

Stuart,
The Leica Apo 28-90 ASPH is not a bad lens in fact it is very sharp and I found out recently that landscape photographers are interested in this lens for their works. Thus, I am not surprised at all that the great results from your works came from this lens.

Peter: hope the recovery is going well. I also told someone from FM who has the Leica Apo-Telyt-R 4.0/280 ROM about your search. If he has not been able contacted you let me know and I can facilitate the introduction.

Son
Son

What adapter did you use for the Hassy 110 to the DMR? I am still awaiting the two adapters to use it on my D3 and Adorama still shows out of stock for these Novoflex products. I would welcome any advise to get this lens into use with my system.

Woody

gogopix

Subscriber
:D
Son

What adapter did you use for the Hassy 110 to the DMR? I am still awaiting the two adapters to use it on my D3 and Adorama still shows out of stock for these Novoflex products. I would welcome any advise to get this lens into use with my system.

Woody
woody
just order direct from novoflex

PS Robert isnt the only one shooting sports!

Last edited:

PeterA

Victor - that is a nice shot and btw ( as a 4 marker ) that boy is a golf natural - the way he has his right elbow tucked in and is perfectly balanced for a turn - beautiful to see a naturally correct swing/turn